1 year anniversary of Brussels bombing by Muslims

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Actually, the broad derision directed towards Christianity has in fact led to declines in church attendance and religiousity in general.

Muslim killings are a contemporary thing. 9-11 was just fifteen years ago. Boston marathon bombing was 2013. The crusades were hundreds of years ago and it takes a lot of reaching and bending over backwards to dig up Christian wrongs.
It's been less than 25 years since Christians mass murdered civilian Bosnian Muslims in a death toll almost 3 times that of 9/11. And it's been less than 2 months since Americans killed over a dozen civilian Muslim women and children in Yemen at the order of their Christian President.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Why should context matter?
You literally just asked if the context were different (story posted by someone else, with different commentary) whether people would call him a troll, and your follow-up is "Why should context matter?" :confused:

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
It's been less than 25 years since Christians mass murdered civilian Bosnian Muslims in a death toll almost 3 times that of 9/11.

That's kind of like claiming atheists are bad because Stalin was an atheist. A more applicable case would have been WWII because anti-Semitism was fomented by all the polemic anti-Jew verses in the Bible. But Christianity is largely past that now.

And it's been less than 2 months since Americans killed over a dozen civilian Muslim women and children in Yemen at the order of their Christian President.

That wasn't their intention, and it's very odd where you place the blame as terrorists cravenly use civilians as human shields or have them take up arms as well.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
You literally just asked if the context were different (story posted by someone else, with different commentary) whether people would call him a troll, and your follow-up is "Why should context matter?" :confused:
Nice diversion. So you can't answer...

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Justoh trolling? Never!

Maxima1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013
No, I won't answer. If you don't grasp why context matters, there's no point.

Trolling means someone made you upset.So... why are you emotionally attached to Islam?

Either way makes you one big fat jackass.

It's an application of utilitarianism. Nonreligious is a heck of a lot better than a religion founded by a conquering warlord that speaks ill against nonbelievers and promotes oppression of women, gays, and others.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Sounds like the lone wolf terror attack on UK's Parliament is on this anniversary. Probably no coincidence.

justoh

Diamond Member
Jun 11, 2013
Sounds like the lone wolf terror attack on UK's Parliament is on this anniversary. Probably no coincidence.

More likely to do with this:

Trainspotting2Poster.png

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
That's how most people use it. It's like the AMD vs. Intel emotional BS elsewhere on this site.

So why do you label it "trolling"? You're speaking for others?
Trolling is generally used to refer to people who post incendiary comments to elicit reactions.
I'm speaking for myself, as I am wont to do. However, if you will observe, I was not the first person in this thread to call him a troll. Or the second person, for that matter.

Reactions: Homerboy

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Trolling is generally used to refer to people who post incendiary comments to elicit reactions.
I'm speaking for myself, as I am wont to do. However, if you will observe, I was not the first person in this thread to call him a troll. Or the second person, for that matter.

The entire OP (both the thread and the person) are complete trolls in every sense of the word

Reactions: umbrella39

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
How long has the OP ben donning his saddle shoes and pompoms celebrating this anniversary? You are the kind of shit that prays for attacks such as this so you can push your agenda. Piece of shit is still shit... run back to your safe space now snowflake...

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Maybe you haven't noticed, but slapping someone with a broad stereotype and viciously attacking their most cherished beliefs tends to steel their resolve, not make them change their ways. You aren't going to persuade someone by exhibiting the same sort of hateful behavior you think they perpetrate.

Also, given that Christianity has also been responsible for horrible violence and bigotry over the centuries, when can we expect you to walk into a church and start yelling at the laypeople?

Pretty sure the white nationalist plan is to bomb/kill a shitload of browns and when they dare to strike back proclaim they're the Real problem.

Also pretty evident all these conservative white nationalists are just about the worst people.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Today, in the US alone, 40 people will be murdered and another 110 will die in car 'accidents.' I'm not even going to look up the numbers that will die from other crimes or preventable diseases or what not. For sure, thousands.. every single day.
Terrorism, Islamic or otherwise, as horrible as it truly is, is not the greatest threat in our lives. It just isn't.
The OP should stop letting himself be manipulated by fear.

Reactions: alien42

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Pretty sure the white nationalist plan is to bomb/kill a shitload of browns and when they dare to strike back proclaim they're the Real problem.

Also pretty evident all these conservative white nationalists are just about the worst people.
Yaknow, I'm not disagreeing with you per se, but you're not helping.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Yaknow, I'm not disagreeing with you per se, but you're not helping.

The fundamental problem of conservatism exists in large part because degenerates think of themselves as the good guys, and it's thus a civic virtue to disabuse them of that notion.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
The fundamental problem of conservatism exists in large part because degenerates think of themselves as the good guys, and it's thus a civic virtue to disabuse them of that notion.
Are you sure that you're not just exacerbating their pre-existing us v them mentality? Forcing someone to look at something unpleasant doesn't mean that they'll actually see it. But it will piss them off.

Nov 25, 2013
Are you sure that you're not just exacerbating their pre-existing us v them mentality? Forcing someone to look at something unpleasant doesn't mean that they'll actually see it. But it will piss them off.

They are already pissed off. And they don't give a shit for, or about, you or me. If it will 'make a liberal cry' they will cheerfully cut their own throats for 'the cause'. Sorry, there's a war going on.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
They are already pissed off. And they don't give a shit for, or about, you or me. If it will 'make a liberal cry' they will cheerfully cut their own throats for 'the cause'. Sorry, there's a war going on.
I understand the threat. People like the OP don't stop. Should they ever succeed against the threat of 'Radical Islam,' then it will be the Jews, liberals, anybody different, and so forth. I get that. History is dominated by the fear of 'the Others.'
But reinforcing their fears isn't helpful.

Nov 25, 2013
I understand the threat. People like the OP don't stop. Should they ever succeed against the threat of 'Radical Islam,' then it will be the Jews, liberals, anybody different, and so forth. I get that. History is dominated by the fear of 'the Others.'
But reinforcing their fears isn't helpful.

That's the point. It doesn't matter what *you* do or say. Unless you're joining them they simply want folks like you (or anyone else that they don't like, no matter the reason) to be gone. There really isn't much dialogue left to be had.

This cartoon that I keep posting really does sum up the relationship between the 'deplorables' and the rest of society.

2a936260c9fa013442ac005056a9545d

Reactions: greatnoob

JockoJohnson

Golden Member
May 20, 2009
That's kind of like claiming atheists are bad because Stalin was an atheist. A more applicable case would have been WWII because anti-Semitism was fomented by all the polemic anti-Jew verses in the Bible. But Christianity is largely past that now.

That wasn't their intention, and it's very odd where you place the blame as terrorists cravenly use civilians as human shields or have them take up arms as well.

No, it's not odd. It's standard MO.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016

I think it's pretty evident from literally every conversation here (and everywhere else for that matter) that those personalities don't respond at all to reason/politeness or any other modern virtue. Seems a natural human folly to assume others are just like us, and thus liberals will often expend any amount of effort explaining and pleading basics of western liberalism to people who continuously demonstrate they have no use for it. Personally I don't think improvement from that state is likely for folks for whom a lifetime of immersion in western liberalism already failed. Otoh humans do naturally grasp punishment well enough, such as if they're slapped as a consequence of degenerate behavior. It's not ideal rearing technique but certainly better than nothing.

Reactions: greatnoob