1 steam account on multiple computers?

Discussion in 'Software for Windows' started by butch84, May 7, 2007.

1. butch84

butch84 Golden Member

Hey all-

I've purchased hl2, cs:source, and dod:source quite a while ago. I'd like to install it my second machine, legally of course. I have no intention on playing online on both machines at the same time.

Is this possible, and does it violate the license agreement?

Thanks,
    Dave

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - steam account multiple Forum Date
    My Steam account... isn't disable any more Software for Windows Mar 27, 2007
    Moving Steam account to new computer Software for Windows Nov 9, 2006
    Steam/Valve disabled my account Software for Windows Sep 14, 2006
    Is it possible to play HL2 offline single player mode without a steam account? Software for Windows Jan 19, 2006
    Can I play Day Of Defeat Source With a Steam Account from HL2? Software for Windows Jan 10, 2006

3. MrWizzard

MrWizzard Platinum Member

Thats legal I think, I believe it it even one of the selling points of steam...

Be sure to make it so steam does not automatically launch though cause otherwise it will try to be logged in on both computers if they are both on at the same time.

4. MikeyLSU

MikeyLSU Platinum Member

yes, you can do this...

But you can't log into steam at the same time. Also, one thing I really like about steam is that once you install games once(if you have the cd/dvd copy)...from then on, you just need to download steam onto your computer and can install all the games again without need for a cd, it will just download them. I do this every format.

5. butch84

butch84 Golden Member

Excellent, I'll have to try it then. I'm not sure I want to let it download hl2 however, that'd be a lot of bandwidth. I'll try it tonight!

Thanks guys,
    Dave

6. AsianriceX

AsianriceX Golden Member

Or, you can use Steam's backup feature to create encrypted backups of your games so you don't have to download gigs of data. I do this since HL1, CS, HL2, CS:S, and other games total to about 5 gigs compressed.

It'll even split up the backup files into 4.7GB folders for DVD burning.