1 million point project challenge

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StefanR5R

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2016
Last night I received my first advance payment of climateprediction.net credit, as per their current weekly trickle credit schedule. But it worked out to 0.9 M. And thus it will take me another week until my next 1M milestone.
Looks like CPDN is not handing out credit this week. Oh well.

Apparently, predicting CPDN's credit timing is like predicting the weather more than three days in advance.

Reactions: Orange Kid

mmonnin03

Nov 7, 2006
50 projects here over 1m. 1m is a personal goal for each project.

It's a shorter list of active or somewhat active projects not yet to 1m
LHC Dev
iTheta
beef@Home
TACC
RNA World
NanoHub
Ralph

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
50 projects here over 1m. 1m is a personal goal for each project.

It's a shorter list of active or somewhat active projects not yet to 1m
LHC Dev
iTheta
beef@Home
TACC
RNA World
NanoHub
Ralph
Sadly, LHC Dev hasn't allowed new account creation for a long time, even with the admin/dev invitation code.

TACC, NanoHub, and Ralph have had a few tasks now and then, but only a few, so getting to 1M in those is tough.

I haven't seen anything from beef@Home or RNA World for a long time.

iThena can be done pretty easily if you set it up right. I have info to do it if you want to.

mmonnin03

Nov 7, 2006
TACC, NanoHub, RNA : I had to check these to make sure there was something in the last 30 days on FreeDC. I almost didn't list them.

Ralph: I had a couple WUProp hours that I never saw run a couple days ago. Pretty sporadic work

beef is new and appears dead already. My tasks from the 6th were never able to report.

iThena, It'll eventually get there. It's running on all my clients that process tasks. No extra clients have it.

LHC Dev is the only one I could really work on I guess.

Fardringle

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2000
On the subject...my main home PC just got a small batch of ralph@home tasks. :D
And also got a handful of nanoHUB tasks last night, which was really surprising. I think it's been YEARS since I last got some.

I have all of my machines attached to the little/inactive projects, attempting to get work now and then, and occasionally get lucky with a few. But I don't have any realistic hope that they will ever actually get to 1 million credits...

edit: Correction, I have actually received a few thousand nanoHUB tasks scattered between my computers. Still nowhere near enough to make a significant progress toward the 1M goal, but still quite surprising after such a long silence from the project.

Last edited:

voodoo5_6k

Jan 14, 2021
Haha, I can lowball that with ease :p

Only 1 in BOINC (Rosetta@home with a little more than 3.9 million points), and 1 non-BOINC (Folding@home with a little more than 350 million points). In March I started working my way up in WCG (250,000 points milestone should be passed today), but that'll take some time. It could be three before the end of 2021.
Update: According to BoincTasks, I crossed the 1.0 million threshold for WCG in the morning, thanks to the vast amount of bad WUs in Rosetta, what made switch the entire system to WCG for the moment. That makes 2 in BOINC, 1 in non-BOINC.

voodoo5_6k

Jan 14, 2021
Project #40 to 1 million points: Van Der Waerden Numbers
Wow, 40... That's a really huge number of projects :)

Update: According to BoincTasks, I crossed the 1.0 million threshold for WCG in the morning, thanks to the vast amount of bad WUs in Rosetta, what made switch the entire system to WCG for the moment. That makes 2 in BOINC, 1 in non-BOINC.
Another update: Thanks to the pentathlon, I did cross the 1 million points threshold in Einstein. Also, SiDock came close, so I decided to stay at it a few more days. I reached 1 million points over the weekend. So, that's now 4 in BOINC (Rosetta, WCG, Einstein, SiDock), 1 in non-BOINC (F@H).

Endgame124

Feb 11, 2008
I’m currently at 9 after the validations completed from the pent, and will have 10 mid way though this week in sidock. I might swing back to NFS to get that to 1M too, haven’t decided yet.

I’ll give the pent credit for getting me to run projects I wouldn’t otherwise

Skivelitis2

Jan 1, 2021
I've only got 1 "easy" one left...Rosetta. Barring catastrophe, should comfortably have it before the upcoming PrimeGrid challenge.

Reactions: biodoc

Skillz

Feb 14, 2014
Oh I am coming for you in PG. Now that I am participating in the PG Challenge series better watch your review mirror for a lawn mower in your six. :D