1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It's Time For A National Conversati

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

finglobes

Dec 13, 2010
All people need to do is check into what the Center for American Progress says about things because this admin is stacked to the roof with people from there and Obama has been consistent in pursuing CAP agenda.

CAP calls for having the military split - with a defunded and thinned "offensive military" (which will fight things like global warming) and a beefed up civilian military at DHS. This is how the radicals shift shape something. They will cut military in half (for our own good in the "new" age) and then beef up their screwball half while defunding the other half - which they will also make into a screwball operation. To get an even clearer picture look into 72 DHS "fusion centers"

From CAP:

"During a new century in which a military approach to security has taken precedence over U.S. national security policy as a whole, absorbing a larger share of federal resources, we need a unified conception of security, one which can be achieved through a balance between the strategies of "offense" (military forces), "defense" (homeland security), and "prevention" (nonmilitary international engagement)."

"Rebalancing Our National Security"

http://www.americanprogress.org/iss...0/30/43074/rebalancing-our-national-security/

Comapre CAP quote to this and you see they where they are both coming from:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
That's like 5-6 bullets per citizen. I suspect they won't miss with that many shots.

:colbert:

Jan 25, 2011
Which at the "as much as" figures amounts to over 106 years worth. Explain that one.

Well considering it's an open contract with an option to buy up to that number, what's there to explain? That the agreement permists them the ability to buy that many if they choose to?

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Well considering it's an open contract with an option to buy up to that number, what's there to explain? That the agreement permists them the ability to buy that many if they choose to?

The articles specify stockpiling that number. If I'm wrong I'd be glad to know. Personally I don't believe it's a conspiracy in any case but most likely an attempt to spend a huge budget. Happens all the time.

Jan 25, 2011
The articles specify stockpiling that number. If I'm wrong I'd be glad to know. Personally I don't believe it's a conspiracy in any case but most likely an attempt to spend a huge budget. Happens all the time.

I don't know what their reasoning is either but the conspiracy nonsense just baffles me. Presenting it as though the DHS is training to kill every American in some take over war is absurd.

At the same time there's a lot to take into consideration for what makes up the contracts in question. DHS (the 15M rounds figure per year) only accounts for half the order. ICE comprises the rest of it as referenced in the article I linked. So it's spread out a lot more as well.

The article references they have the option to buy up to 1.6B between those agencies in the next 4-5 years. Not that they are buying that many. Given that they probably will.