¿What do you guys think about this case?

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Well I don't know where you're coming from Mikey but here are my thoughts:

- All in all it looks nice in my opinion, I usually like rounder cases that have style. I especially HATE the boxy cases like LianLi's and some Antecs that are just square and have no shape.

- 600w power supply? Yeah right.

- Aluminum. Aluminums are generally more expensive and louder, and I don't really need an aluminum case, but they do dissipate heat better, are lighter, and are more mainstream.

- No fan controller :/, but I can easily install one. I just don't see the point of having a thermometer without a controller.

- Cooling. What the hell's with the cooling: one 92mm and one 80mm? This pisses me off.

Looks nice, but I ugess if you really look into it it probably won't be worth the 150 dollars it will be.

Aug 8, 2004
Is it me or are all these sorts of cases starting to look similar? I mean Alienware and others they are all looking the same.

Are they designed by the same people and just resold to people or what? And what are the designers smoking?

I like some of the internal lay out, but nothing really stands out to me as being above and beyond.

Mik3y

Banned
Mar 2, 2004
Originally posted by: Mrvile
Ahhh Lianli: attack of the refrigerators with fans!

what's up with you dissing good cases and loving crappy cases? that's besides the point tho. refridgerators wtih fans? cummon. that's horrible. :p hehe.

sorry, i hope my sarcasm doesnt sound offensive. if so, i'll give you a :cookie:. :D

DeadPoetic19

Oct 30, 2004

- All in all it looks nice in my opinion, I usually like rounder cases that have style. I especially HATE the boxy cases like LianLi's and some Antecs that are just square and have no shape.

-

I'm with you there. Antec and LianLi cases are boring looking. Look like they pulled out some old cases from the early 90's gave them a new paintjob and called it a day. Really, I understand they're quality cases, but they're nothing amazing either.

Mik3y

Banned
Mar 2, 2004
Originally posted by: DeadPoetic19

-

I'm with you there. Antec and LianLi cases are boring looking. Look like they pulled out some old cases from the early 90's gave them a new paintjob and called it a day. Really, I understand they're quality cases, but they're nothing amazing either.

some people have class. :p

Mayax

Banned
Oct 24, 2004
Originally posted by: Mik3y
Originally posted by: DeadPoetic19

-

some people have class. :p

There's a fine line between having class and having no style.

In this regard, it's not having any style.

The J

Aug 30, 2004
I don't really like the way the front bezel looks, especially the bottom of it. I never really did like flashy or crazy-design cases like the Guardian or Viper cases, though. I like cases that are more smooth and elegant. It's only personal opinion anway.

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Well still, if you wanna show off your comp, you need something to show it off it. I know Lianlis and Antecs are nice quality cases, but they seriously look like just boxes and some don't even look like computers, and the only "quality" I look for are the right cooling, easy to put together, looks nice, and won't fall apart. I find all those (except the cooling part, what the hells with that) in this case, and in a bunch of other cases that I like and you guys might find looking crappy as hell. Having a unique case like that one makes your comp stand out.

I guess we all have different opinions, thats cool, let's all be happy and have a :beer:.

oldbutdumb

Oct 29, 2004
I guess I am too old and pragmatic, but it's only a case! I go for cheap, if it runs. I just recently got a Rosewill TU155 at Nuegg for 40 bucks. I stuck in a larger cooling fan I had on hand and moved theirs to the fromt blowing into the hard drive bay. The plastic and black front looks OK to me, and the front of the case is beveled even though the box is square. ;;):roll:

imported_Bleh

Sep 30, 2004
Ive noticed that pretty much everyone here likes the old look of cases, I personally like to go with a different look and right now I have a yellow raidmax scorpio with all yellow drives, looks very nice. I have actually been looking at this case if Im able to make a new AMD setup and I like the looks of this case a lot, I dont know how people can say its loud crappy quality and etc if they havent even used them yet, hell its not even out yet!