» HDD with lots of Bad sectors - Help

craige4u

Dec 19, 2005
I have a seagate 2TB HDD thts showing 2000 bad sectors & 2 weak sectors via HD Sentinel for last 15days now and stable.
Now its pasing all seatools tests including Long tests and hence it wont be accepted for RMA yet.

I want to RMA at the earliest, so wht to do so seatool does show sum errors.

PS: backup is already taken

craige4u

Dec 19, 2005
I request sum help plz.

I am having 9% health (HD Sentinel) for the last many days and still Seatool not showing any error.
I dont wana risk and countinue running this HDD and as there is no seatools error it cant yet be RMAed.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
What do you want help with ?
Just do advanced RMA, and your good to go. (That is, they send you a HD, then you stick your HD in that box, and ship it back. It costs like $10 or so the last time I looked.)

Your only other option is to continue to use the HD until you get a SMART error...

taltamir

Lifer
Mar 21, 2004
1. Please do not butcher the English language. Its "some" not "sum" and "please" not "plz"
2. So basically you want our help convincing seagate to give you an RMA? How would we do that? Just contact them already and tell them you have 2000 bad sectors.

craige4u

Dec 19, 2005
1** Please do not butcher the English language** Its "some" not "sum" and "please" not "plz"
2** So basically you want our help convincing seagate to give you an RMA? How would we do that? Just contact them already and tell them you have 2000 bad sectors**

You seem to be a guy with very very low brain power and i mean you are a**hole OR an 50 year ol' uncle, in any of the case, plz dont speak bulls**t and if you can't be of any help OR dont knw how seagate handles RMA jus keep quiet

Profanity and insults are not allowed in the tech side of the forums.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator: