‘Quest for Glory’ Creators to Kickstart New Adventure Game

georgec84

May 9, 2011
Cool. Not sure how popular that site is - seems like an obscure place for that article.

kia75

Oct 30, 2005
One of my favorite games and I definitely plan to contribute some money to the kickstarter.

never played qfg5, though.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
I'll pay for a QFG4 remake. And I will pay extra if this new game uses the same gameplay mechanics as QFG4, or Eastern European folklore, setting, and mythology are the influences.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Yeah, i'm not sure how that site got the interview, since it's kind of a big story. Oh well, this is exciting news and I'm looking forward to hearing more about it soon.
I think the game will be somewhat different than QfG but with the same spirit.

Does anyone know what the games from the company they're working with, Brawsome, are like or are familiar with them?

http://www.brawsome.com.au/blog

Cool. Not sure how popular that site is - seems like an obscure place for that article.

georgec84

May 9, 2011
Guys, they don't have the QfG rights. They've explicitly said the game will play like QfG but be a whole new world and setting.

Plus, why would we need a QfG 4 remake? That game stands up quite fine as it is.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Guys, they don't have the QfG rights. They've explicitly said the game will play like QfG but be a whole new world and setting.

Plus, why would we need a QfG 4 remake? That game stands up quite fine as it is.

hell no it doesn't.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
I don't think that there is a King's Quest redo in the works but there is an original game based on King's Quest being made by Tell Tale. Haven't heard anything lately about the status of it though.

i loved QFG! I will def support this.

Where's the King's Quest redo? :colbert:

Alexian

Sep 18, 2012
Mashable is a major trafficked site. The only reason they ran the article was that the writer was such a huge fan of QfG. We weren't expecting to really do outreach until October (the Kickstarter goes live on Oct 19).

If you'd like to see our content updates/blog, check us out our insider's blog at http://www.hero-u.net/leaders/ or for a wider variety of content like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/TheSchoolForHeroes

Brawsome is an awesome indie game development content company out of Australia. They have a proven record having produces the award winning indies Jolly Rover (adventure game with dog pirates), and Macguffin's Curse. Both are on Steam. His proven record, professionalism, and passion made him a fantastic fit to work together.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Thank you Alexian.
Glad to hear about Brawsome, sounds like it will be a good match.

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
I like the fact that they are going for a different feel and different kind of game than the QFG series while keeping a lot of the spirit from their older projects. To me playing a clone of an older game may be kind of fun but wouldn't be all that interesting since i kind of know what to expect. I think they will make this one very fun and we will find out more as time goes by since they just are starting out in the development process.

Also, it is intriguing to me that the next game would feature a different character and have a different style.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
One of my fav games I used to play on my 386SX16

Hope they can bring it out.

I remember in the VGA remake going around to the back of the town putting the hand icon on the tree, setting a weight on the enter key and coming back to a high skilled charactor ;)

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Looks like they just added a few new addons you could get in the game on the kickstarter page. hope they keep adding more goodies..

I wonder how that new King's Quest game is coming along from Telltale?

cool, i was just thinking about king's quest series yesterday too :D

Chiefcrowe

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
Linux support has been added!!!!

more info:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1878147873/hero-u-rogue-to-redemption/posts/344017

Corey Cole:
"I have decided to personally commit to bringing Hero-U to Linux. Originally we planned this as part of our first stretch goal, but I came up with a new plan. After Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption is complete and on the way to our Windows and Mac users, I will personally port the game to Linux and - with the help of some of our passionate Linux friends - make sure the game is rock solid.

See, there's a little part of my history that 5 or 6 of you might not have heard yet. Before I was a game designer, I was a system programmer. My first job at Sierra was to translate the SCI game engine to the Atari ST and port the first four SCI games to the ST. I'll just put on my software engineer hat for this task."