What neat car did you see today?

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
Cadillac Lyriq being delivered to dealership. Dude did an illegal right turn on red lol
We just picked up ours, waiting on the charger, the low power charging just does not cut it when you live a 15 min drive from town, nice drive though

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Saw a Kia EV9 (rando google pic). It feels like they took the Telluride & ran it through an 80's futuristic movie, like BTTF II.

1715303747928.png

Reactions: igor_kavinski

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
It's not a Ford Flex?
Awhile back I was reading an article in Car & Driver about the EV9 and they had a small Q&A with Tom Kearns who is one of the chief design engineers for Kia's new line of EVs. He's a huge fan of Ford and admitted that some of the design elements in Kia's new line of EVs harken back to older Ford designs.

On a side note he is also a huge Nine Inch Nails fan and modeled Kia's new logo after theirs. Once you see it you can't unsee it.

kianin.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Kaido

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Awhile back I was reading an article in Car & Driver about the EV9 and they had a small Q&A with Tom Kearns who is one of the chief design engineers for Kia's new line of EVs. He's a huge fan of Ford and admitted that some of the design elements in Kia's new line of EVs harken back to older Ford designs.

On a side note he is also a huge Nine Inch Nails fan and modeled Kia's new logo after theirs. Once you see it you can't unsee it.

kianin.jpg
I first several times I saw the logo, I figured the cars were driven by NIN fans. Eventually, I noticed it was KIA.

bbhaag

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2011
I saw this the other day and thought it was a really cool looking reasonably sized pickup by Ford.

View attachment 98900
I love my Maverick. Back in June of '21 when the order banks opened I special ordered one from Ford. It's very similar to the one in your photo. It has done 99% of the "truck stuff" I need it to do and it seats our family of four adults comfortably.

For the other 1% it can't do I purchased a cheap 8x10 trailer to load certain things that won't fit in the bed but that it a rare occasion.

I know you are probably thinking "Wait a minute this guy thinks the CT is kinda cool, subscribes to Car & Driver, and bought a four door Mustang. He's just another white guy with a small dick so no way he bought a little truck like that. He's the type of guy to buy a F-150 Raptor".

Here's a pic of the truck and trailer. Love my Maverick.
IMG_20220412_114510307.jpg

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I love my Maverick. Back in June of '21 when the order banks opened I special ordered one from Ford. It's very similar to the one in your photo. It has done 99% of the "truck stuff" I need it to do and it seats our family of four adults comfortably.

For the other 1% it can't do I purchased a cheap 8x10 trailer to load certain things that won't fit in the bed but that it a rare occasion.

I know you are probably thinking "Wait a minute this guy thinks the CT is kinda cool, subscribes to Car & Driver, and bought a four door Mustang. He's just another white guy with a small dick so no way he bought a little truck like that. He's the type of guy to buy a F-150 Raptor".

View attachment 98910
That's a nice truck with clean lines.

I never said anything about the Ford Mustang EV because I have nothing against it :)

Listen, sorry if I've been a bit priggish, you seem like a good dude. I think you will look back at your Elon/CT phase as poor decision making during a mid-life crisis or something like that. Elon is a terrible person and the CT is an unrefined and unfinished product that happens to be hideous. I'm having a mid-life crisis so really, we all go through it in different ways.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004

View attachment 98910

When my current truck dies I've been waffling between the Maverick and the Ranger. I'm kind of a bigger guy, so I'm leaning toward the Ranger.