What first world problem did you have today?

Page 1073 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I was fencing my friend and his jacket was worn to the point where it was not registering my hits properly. I would have still lost, but maybe it would have been 5-3 instead of 5-1.

NuclearNed

Raconteur
May 18, 2001
I'm spending the rest of this year engaged in a project at work that may possibly eliminate my own job.

Which *potentially* is the greatest blessing in disguise that I've received in a long time. It would force me to get away from this <word that rhymes with "mitt" + word that rhymes with "pole">

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I'm spending the rest of this year engaged in a project at work that may possibly eliminate my own job.

Which *potentially* is the greatest blessing in disguise that I've received in a long time. It would force me to get away from this <word that rhymes with "mitt" + word that rhymes with "pole">

-Funny you say that. The boss wants to talk about how "AI can potentially free me up" to do more hands on stuff with our team and "What can we automate to make that happen".

I'm over here looking at the email like
1715263334108.jpeg

All said and done though I've been over this job for a while and I stick around due to inertia, work life balance, and being left alone by my co-workers.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Bought an external HD, I know how slow HD's are, but it's been a long ass time since I used anything except NVME. I was flabbergasted when took 4.5 hours to copy 500 gigs lol. And apparently, the computer I built last Xmas has a legacy USB 2 port, because the 1st one I plugged it in said 15 hours.

A plus, it's 5TB and doesn't need a power cord. Which is awesome because I have no free plugs near my computer, and the proprietary external HD USB 3 cable is only about 6 inches long. These damn micro short USB cables with that weird ass connector are a huge 1stworldproblem.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
One of the fans in my server room is making a whining sound that has gotten worse over time and it resonates through the floor. I think the fan is temperature controlled so sometimes it hits a certain resonant frequency and gets annoying. I closed the door so it starts to heat up in there and maybe the fan will speed up enough to go out of resonance. At some point I need to figure out which equipment is doing it. I suspect it's one of the switches.

One design oversight with my setup was connecting everything to the ceiling, as it causes sound to travel through the floor.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
No ad blocker? I don't even see them on Freevee. Ublock, and Adguard DNS servers.
It's tv app. I don't block Amazon ad since it messes with Amazon shopping. I do have pfSense so I guess I could research what I block to stop just ad on prime video.

Last edited:

WilliamM2

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2012
It's tv app. I don't block Amazon ad since it messes with Amazon shopping. I do have offense so I guess I could research what I block to stop just ad on prime video.
Odd, I still get suggestions on what to buy from my shopping habits. This is on a PC though.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Odd, I still get suggestions on what to buy from my shopping habits. This is on a PC though.
No the amazon shopping app goes ape shit. As in I click on a product and it returns oops error. But like I said I didn't do enough research on what to block and what to leave alone.
Ironic thing is I can probably just torrent the show faster than I can figure out the ad thing.

Nov 17, 2019
Noisy out there with all the KatyDidds diddin' their Katies.

I've personally seen probably a couple of hundred in just my very limited ventrures outdoors, so you know there's a bunch of 'em.