What brand of fridge do you have and are you happy with it?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hardhat

Dec 4, 2011
I also have a Samsung with a freezer on the bottom, french doors on top. Bought it three years ago, no trouble yet. No ice maker or water dispenser.

I am happy with it. It was the biggest cheap basic fridge available when I was looking, and I got an additional 15% off through manufacturer coupon.

misuspita

Jul 15, 2006
Hotpoint - Ariston, bought în 2012, works ever since, no repairs necessary, not even coolant leaks. Widest one I could find, without being 2 doors side by side, with freezer on top. The compressor is not noisy, but there are some noises coming from the coolant that goes through the pipes sometime. Noticeable at night, but not waking me up, just hearing them when awake. No apps, bullshit secondary functions, only fridge and freezer. I'd probably try to buy the same (but newer versions) if it ever fails.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
We have a Kitchen-Aid french door top and freezer bottom and an older Samsung with the same configuration. The Samsung doesn't make ice anymore and one of the drawers cannot open for some reason. My newer (4 yr old?) KA has been awesome except it's starting to leak a little water. I'm not sure where the leak is, it's not coming from the water line because it's sporadic and not a flow.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
My Samsung ( same configuration ) ice maker would also stop making ice as it would freeze up and ice would block the light sensor indicating the ice bin was full. I would use my wife's hair dryer and thaw it out which would allow it to work for another few weeks before repeating the defrost. There is also a defrost mode, but it's a pain in the ass and takes forever.

It has been an issue with this design for a while. I found the way around it is to turn the ice maker off during the day and turn it on at night to make up the ice used during the day. This has stopped the ice blocking the sensor and I haven't had any more issues in well over a year.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
maybe stay away from LG fridges for a while. linear compressor wont last a fraction of the warranty term and the shipping box has an arbitration clause blocking suing.