What are you playing nowadays? Share yo' thoughts.

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Been playing American Truck Simulator and I'm impressed how authentic the scenery looks on my current job when I'm delivering a truck load of fake p*ssies from San Antonio to El Paso.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Wait, wha
One of my favorite Jerky Boys calls

This game is so much fun to drive like a bastard in though. Love to pass cars or other trucks and then switch lanes in front of them to smack them with the trailer at 90 mph.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
With how accurate Texas looked in American Truck Simulator I couldn't believe how crap LA was. Figured I'd see Palm Springs, all the wind turbines, and Mt San Jacinto coming into LA from the east along the 10, stuff like that, but the drive into LA was pretty generic and when I didn't recognize any landmarks and at first thought maybe I had accidentally switched onto 8 in Arizona and come into San Diego instead, but nope. Guess you can really see the difference with California being their original map while Texas is one of the more recent DLC so the quality is much higher.

Reactions: Stg-Flame

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
With how accurate Texas looked in American Truck Simulator I couldn't believe how crap LA was. Figured I'd see Palm Springs, all the wind turbines, and Mt San Jacinto coming into LA from the east along the 10, stuff like that, but the drive into LA was pretty generic and when I didn't recognize any landmarks and at first thought maybe I had accidentally switched onto 8 in Arizona and come into San Diego instead, but nope. Guess you can really see the difference with California being their original map while Texas is one of the more recent DLC so the quality is much higher.
My buddy played that game just to see if New Mexico looked the same and they got a lot of stuff accurate, but most of it was condensed (for obvious reasons). It was kinda fun to go through my home town on that game and see the same buildings in low resolution.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Trying Fallout 4 after update. Crashing. Used a command line tool to revert to last version. Now I'll see if I can get some basic mods up and running.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I'm finally getting into Hades 1. I played it few years before and it didn't click for me. This time it is.

It's very similar to The Binding of Isaac. I think Hades isn't as good. Isaac has just insane permutations of upgrades, and they're insanely fun and complex.

I'm totally done with Isaac though. Man, that game goes back to late Flash days of 2010~.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I'm finally getting into Hades 1. I played it few years before and it didn't click for me. This time it is.

It's very similar to The Binding of Isaac. I think Hades isn't as good. Isaac has just insane permutations of upgrades, and they're insanely fun and complex.

I'm totally done with Isaac though. Man, that game goes back to late Flash days of 2010~.
Hades is far more story-driven than Issac and is beautifully told through your deaths and subsequent meetings with everyone. I've been itching to play it again since Hades 2 is in early access but I'm still bogged down with other games at the moment.

Still, the story and voice acting for Hades was top notch and deserved all the praise it received. I'm honestly more curious how SuperGiant will handle a sequel since they've only done original games in the past and I'm still holding out hope for a Bastion 2.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
Anyone played Skul? Absolutely amazing. The combat is very very satisfying.

In terms of pure combat, this beats Hades & Isaac hands down. And I love both.

Skulls | Skul: The Hero Slayer Wiki | Fandom

Community tier list part 7 : r/Skul

You got 20+ classes with unique cool downs and ultimates
Then you got hundreds of items and artifacts that further suits your playstyle
Then you got tons of upgrades on top which further alters gameplay.
It's a rogue-like perfection.

My favorite build is collecting all the dragons - Ice, fire, lightning, shadow, light, etc.. These are perma-summons that deal their respective elemental damage. Once you get 5, you get a GIGA summon that just wipes screens with multiple ultimate spells.

You just walk around barely doing anything while the dragons completely tear everything.

Last edited:

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Anyone played Skul? Absolutely amazing. The combat is very very satisfying.

In terms of pure combat, this beats Hades & Isaac hands down. And I love both.

Skulls | Skul: The Hero Slayer Wiki | Fandom

You got 20+ classes with unique cool downs and ultimates
Then you got hundreds of items and artifacts that further suits your playstyle
Then you got tons of upgrades on top which further alters gameplay.
It's a rogue-like perfection.
I played it and did a review during the 2020 and 2021 backlog threads. Fun little game but when I played it, there wasn't much variety outside of the different skulls you can pick up. I'm guessing they've added a lot of content since I played because it was pretty barebones. Fun, but missing on content.

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I played it and did a review during the 2020 and 2021 backlog threads. Fun little game but when I played it, there wasn't much variety outside of the different skulls you can pick up. I'm guessing they've added a lot of content since I played because it was pretty barebones. Fun, but missing on content.
Ohh it's fully fleshed out now. It has shadow worlds, and New Game+ mode that goes up to 9 difficulty which is cracked insane. Also it has a giga boss with multiple phases.

You should go back. I think you played long long ago. The skulls themselves can be upgraded 3x into a giga-chad form with crazy spells. The artifact system also adds crazy skills. Same goes for items with awesome uniques / legendary weapons. You also get a special skill slot, etc... So on and so on.

r/Skul - Artifact, Execute, and Manatech Platinum Inscriptions!

Last edited:

Zeze

Lifer
Mar 4, 2011
I made a cool play of the game on a 5v5 match yesterday. This hero has a high skill ceiling that swaps between first-person and third-person view. The hero free-roams like a ball in the full 3D physics. We were able to team dive together and I was able to melee-finish 3 enemies, thus securing a team wipe at the first chokepoint.

I'm about Gold 1 / Plat 5 which is about barely above average vs all the young kiddos.

Yes, 'Overwatch' Has Made A Rare Mistake Calling Hammond 'Wrecking Ball'

Last edited:

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
Still playing Hogwarts. The Batman influence on the game design emerged once I was properly into the game. At least the Arkham series are the games I think of for certain mechanics this and other games like Spiderman use.

It's fun, and the combat is proving way more interesting than I anticipated. It is a fantastic looking game with everything maxed but RT shadows. The soundtrack is well done, and is a callback to the movies.

I keep a BR burner in one of my systems for backing up my movies. I need to dig up my copy of X-Men Origins: Wolverine and do a playthrough. It has been a long time. Game has an interesting history behind its development and release. If you forgot all about it, here is some recent gameplay -

Reactions: igor_kavinski

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
New Fallout Patch is nice, and terrible. Reverted to old version or not - mods seem to be very difficult to use. Sad face. Apparently, many mods are being updated, with the help of new utilities to work with the new version, but it's slow going (even with the bump from the recent Primes Video series).

PS - my current hardware crushes the game compared to years ago. Very nice.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
My only question about the new FO patch is whether or not it fixes high refresh gaming or not (Desynced voices, unable to jump as far, some broken scripting, etc).

Seen a lot of patch notes but none of them explicitly call that out.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
My only question about the new FO patch is whether or not it fixes high refresh gaming or not (Desynced voices, unable to jump as far, some broken scripting, etc).

Seen a lot of patch notes but none of them explicitly call that out.
High refresh rates and wide screen monitors seem well supported (well, up to the 165 Hz mine can do). Lots of scripts are broken by the new patch, but that’s a different matter. Haven’t noticed desynced voices or jump problems.

Last edited:
Reactions: GodisanAtheist

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I just played some Quake Champions, did they remove the voip? My PTT wasn't working and I couldn't find where to rebind it. I am a bit concerned/dissapointed in this.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
back into For Honor. there are some new classes, but the game is just...beautiful and brilliant, even when i hate it because people are better than me and skill diffs are super punishing.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005

this one is fairly addicting simple time waster

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I have been rerererererererererererererererererererereplaying Kenshi again. My squad is fully equiped in samurai or crab armor with either dark leather shirts or chain shirts.

8 squad members decked out with high quality falling suns (Shek squad)
6 with with bows (humans and beep)
3 with heavy Polearms (skeletons)
3 with long cleavers (more humans)
1 unarmed martial artist (hive soldier)
1 katana swordsman (human)
1 Saber swordsman (shek, masterwork armor, with taunt enabled, essentially maximizing defensive buffs and tanking)

I'm using a bunch of different mods, including the squad size mod as otherwise i'd be capped at 20 characters. the Ultimate Wasteland Expansion is kinda fun, but, I do seem to get more crashes with it.