Walmart.com - Farberware "Professional" can opener $5.97

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
My Chef Boyrdee stash has all self pull-tops, but my B&M or Bush flavored baked bean stash still require can-openers. Canned Tuna, too.

-Yikes, you're paying a lot of money for the convenience of pull tops, if you already have a can opener then the industrial strength volume spaghettios cans are the only way to fly.

How else does a man get 2000 nutritionally worthless calories and 1200mg of salt in a single sitting?

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Proof that I'm a cheap SOB-I saw this listing and was upset I replaced our broken 20 yo can opener last week-and the replacement will almost certainly outlive me.

• Haha
Reactions: DAPUNISHER

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Seems like a decent deal, although Amazon has similar for $6:

And a different, purple one for $6.50 (reg. $12):

The EZ-Duz-It opener is well reviewed by The Wirecutter, but it's double the cost. :colbert:

-Yikes, you're paying a lot of money for the convenience of pull tops, if you already have a can opener then the industrial strength volume spaghettios cans are the only way to fly.

How else does a man get 2000 nutritionally worthless calories and 1200mg of salt in a single sitting?
Korean instant ramen FTW.

Proof that I'm a cheap SOB-I saw this listing and was upset I replaced our broken 20 yo can opener last week-and the replacement will almost certainly outlive me.
Most of them rust easily no matter how quickly you clean and dry immediately after use.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
We’ve been using these for almost 10 years:

Easier for those with arthritis in the hands, and no sharp edges on the can when opened.
Thanks. Have some arthritis and getting some carpal tunnel problems. Hate my current one because of it.

dlerious

Golden Member
Mar 4, 2004
We’ve been using these for almost 10 years:

Easier for those with arthritis in the hands, and no sharp edges on the can when opened.
I've been using the black version for a while. Originally bought to open tuna cans, but expanded to others. I like the lack of sharp edges and feel better about pets sticking their heads in to lick cans out.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
I bought one of these at Walmart for $10 a few years ago that broke within six months, Farberware sent a replacement and it was a factory mistake. The gear pieces were assembled wrong (flipped around compared with the one being replaced), it slipped when cranking. Contacted Farberware again and they upgraded me to a much beefier KitchenAid (same parent company at the time) with double MSRP. The Kitchen Aid one has been holding up well.