Trump NY Criminal Trial

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Shucks. End of day speech. He didn’t say anything to violate the gag order again 😢

nOOky

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2004
"Stormy Daniels, Stormy Daniels, aka Horseface the Sleezebag. That woman, whom I have never met before, by the way, never once polished my mushroom. Many, many women want to polish my mushroom, but they have to pay me $130,000, not the other way around. This is all a witch hunt, and she is a witch, covfefe, but the American people know the truth. (waves hands like an accordion player). Well, except for crooked, sleepy Joe Biden and his crooked drug-addled son Hunter, the Ukrainian connection, of which I fought that corruption, by the way, some say unlike any president ever before, but now Sleepy Joe is in bed with Zalensky, sad, so sad."

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
"Stormy Daniels, Stormy Daniels, aka Horseface the Sleezebag. That woman, whom I have never met before, by the way, never once polished my mushroom. Many, many women want to polish my mushroom, but they have to pay me $130,000, not the other way around. This is all a witch hunt, and she is a witch, covfefe, but the American people know the truth. (waves hands like an accordion player). Well, except for crooked, sleepy Joe Biden and his crooked drug-addled son Hunter, the Ukrainian connection, of which I fought that corruption, by the way, some say unlike any president ever before, but now Sleepy Joe is in bed with Zalensky, sad, so sad."
It seems unfair to me that he gives so much money to so many people he hasn’t met. What’s wrong with me?!

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Ummm. Apart from the entertainment factor is whether they slept together relevant to the case? It's that he paid her money out of campaign funds then covered it up that's the issue isn't it?

Feb 4, 2009
Ummm. Apart from the entertainment factor is whether they slept together relevant to the case? It's that he paid her money out of campaign funds then covered it up that's the issue isn't it?
Yup however to show that you sort of need to prove things happened with his mushroom.

Brovane

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2001

I am not sure if it was campaign funds that where used. It was that Trump used money from his business to reimburse his lawyer for the cost of those hush money payments. That money should have been recorded as a campaign donation since it was used to influence the 2016 election. The Trump organization falsified business records to cover up those payments to his lawyer as just a retainer fee which was false. The fact that those falsified business records were part of a crime to influence the 2016 election is what the New York AG is trying to use to make it into a felony.

GoPackGo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2003
It's the whole reason behind the payment. No affair -> No Payment -> No Cover Up -> No Fraud -> No Charges -> No Trial

Reactions: Ajay

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Anyone else think it's a miracle how they haven't killed each other yet?

You know American culture of bang bang?

APU_Fusion

Dec 16, 2013
What’s strange is to request a trial be paused so you can attend your child’s graduation (which in my opinion isn’t weird it’s loving) and then not attend that graduation when given the chance because you wanted to sit in front of people and have them cheer for you. That’s weird and selfish.
Are you saying the Orangilini is doing something weird and selfish? Go to hell libtard. /s

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999

You almost had me. No way be knows what addled means.

Reactions: Indus and dank69

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
As @Brovane explained, not campaign funds. The 34 felony counts are basically over falsifying his business records; the "hush money" payment itself is legal. As far as violating campaign finance laws, that would be up to the FEC to determine but they are feckless in the U.S. It doesn't make much sense for the Manhattan D.A. to prosecute over federal campaign finance violations, and I'm not aware that they are trying.

If Trump is convicted, many legal experts think any prison sentence for all the counts were be served concurrently (not consecutively). They believe he could get anything from probation to the maximum 4 years. This case was always seen as less meaningful than the federal documents case, and the Georgia RICO case. But those will not make it to trial anytime soon, if ever. The previous Manhattan DA spent a long time trying to build this case, but left office before filing charges. Current DA Alvin Bragg initially didn't even seem interested in prosecuting Trump, but something changed his mind in late 2022.