Trump NY Criminal Trial

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
He really most likely is.
Not until after the election assuming he is not elected. He’s not going to jail in any meaningful way.
Meaningful in this context is sitting in a jail cell for more than 24 hours.
This is not being in jail:

1715037576764.gif

eelw

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 1999
Not until after the election assuming he is not elected. He’s not going to jail in any meaningful way.
Meaningful in this context is sitting in a jail cell for more than 24 hours.
This is not being in jail:

View attachment 98495
But I’d see the judge only remanding him to confinement in courthouse detention cell overnight. And next morning have him appear before him and see how he responds.

Reactions: hal2kilo
Feb 4, 2009
But I’d see the judge only remanding him to confinement in courthouse detention cell overnight. And next morning have him appear before him and see how he responds.
I might count that as jail, I’d need to know more about it.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
The million dollar question is do you let trump have his phone or take it away? Both could yield interesting results lol

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Meh, cult members have a pretty solid track record of not following any of the standards and norms the rest of society deems proper.

I'm equating it to my utter contempt of SCOTUS. Why should I trust those lying fucks?!

Wealthy and powerful people getting preferential legal treatment!?

Shocked pikachu face.

You guys are proving my point. No one trusts the system because it’s not applied equally. Without trust in the system the system starts to break. That’s where we are right now.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I know the howling from the right would be insane but seeing him shipped off to Rikers for the duration of the trial would be worth it.

CBS evening news tonight did not report that the judge had declared further flaunting the gag order would likely result in incarceration. They said incarceration was considered a possibility and that the Secret Service is scrambling to try to work out how they would handle the eventuality. CBS reporter did mention Rikers being a possibility.

Judge Merchan's ruling did conclude:

... because this is now the tenth time that this Court has found Defendant in criminal contempt, spanning three separate motions, it is apparent that monetary fines have not, and will not, suffice to deter Defendant from violating this Court's lawful orders...

Defendant is hereby put on notice that if appropriate and warranted, future violations of its lawful orders will be punishable by incarceration
; and it is hereby ORDERED, that Defendant pay a $1,000 fine for his violation of this Court's lawful order by the close of business on Friday, May 10, 2024; and it is further ORDERED that if the offending statement has been posted to Defendant's Truth Social account or his official campaign website, it is to be removed by 2:15pm today, May 6,2024.The foregoing constitutes the Decision and Order of the Court.

Last edited:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I know, but he can do other things such as revoke his security clearance etc. Just wishful thinking.
I have to think that the Biden administration is not furnishing Donald with much information of a secure nature. Of course, I don't know the nuances. But Trump as a rule isn't a curious person. He would have little interest in information that doesn't (in his "mind") further his prospects for election.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
You guys are proving my point. No one trusts the system because it’s not applied equally. Without trust in the system the system starts to break. That’s where we are right now.

Our system has been broken for a long time...or maybe it's that there is more than one justice system.
1 for rich people, particularly rich WHITE people.
1 for blacks and other minorities.
1 for the rest of us.
Do you remember the kid in Texas who got off because of "affluenza?"

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I guess, but this is the way the US system has operated for the entirety of its existence.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Our system has been broken for a long time...or maybe it's that there is more than one justice system.
1 for rich people, particularly rich WHITE people.
1 for blacks and other minorities.
1 for the rest of us.
Do you remember the kid in Texas who got off because of "affluenza?"

Did you forget 1 for cops and 1 more for state heads (Ergodan and his goons)?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
If they do actually lock him up for a day, will they still cater to his morning routine of his orange spray tan, and probably half a can of hair spray?

The world needs to see what he actually looks like when all he has is a bar of soap, and a comb for his morning routine.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I really can't apologize for dropping this quote in so many appropriate places.😉

“It is a great system, and I consider myself lucky to have been born in this time and this place.”
OK, I'm with you on this.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
It's so wild to me that this man can't control himself enough to not be held in contempt and somehow millions of people think his acting like a petulant child is Presidential material. Then again, I think I'm being VERY generous in calling those things "people".

Reactions: tweaker2 and dank69