The wild probe into investors of DWAC, Trump Media’s proposed merger ally. The Truth about Truth Social

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
It ain’t over till it’s over…as much as I’d love to see King Donnie in Sing Sing, Leavenworth, (or Gitmo) or even one of Georgia’s corrupt prisons…it just ain’t gonna happen.
For security purposes SuperMax would be best for him. Simplifies the secret service’s job.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
It wasn't publicly traded then and got a huge boost from the pump part of the pump and dump.

it was traded then under the symbol DWAC. if you owned DWAC shares they were converted to DJT shares, essentially it was just a symbol change for shareholders.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
it was traded then under the symbol DWAC. if you owned DWAC shares they were converted to DJT shares, essentially it was just a symbol change for shareholders.
Trump media was a separate company until the two merged on March 25 and the stock is now lower than it was on that day. Trump media never traded under DWAC.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Trump media was a separate company until the two merged on March 25 and the stock is now lower than it was on that day. Trump media never traded under DWAC.

of course, but that doesn't change the fact that DWAC shares became DJT shares. if you owned DWAC shares a month ago, you now own DJT shares. the chart doesn't just begin on March 25th, it goes back years.

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Trump's criming simply has no limits. When will we see him in prison?

My expectation is, about when they manage to reconstruct dinosaurs from DNA like they did in Jurassic Park. In other words, he'll die at the age of 97 still ripping people off and being the avatar for rural salt of the earth Americans.

If he ever gets anything more than fines--which other people will happily pay-- I'll be mighty surprised.

Steven Seagal is a boob, but his biggest lie was saying "no one is above the law."

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
My expectation is, about when they manage to reconstruct dinosaurs from DNA like they did in Jurassic Park. In other words, he'll die at the age of 97 still ripping people off and being the avatar for rural salt of the earth Americans.

If he ever gets anything more than fines--which other people will happily pay-- I'll be mighty surprised.

Steven Seagal is a boob, but his biggest lie was saying "no one is above the law."
Yet Seagal is a bigly Trump supporter

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
One thing grifting cons are susceptible to is being conned. Guess who's suing the investors?

Hahahahahaha ... Every single society-reject jumping in bed with The Orange Menace deserves *EVERYTHING* they get...

OH. He is fucking you over? A complete surprise to *EVERYONE*.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
That was another short I didnt make. Stupid stupid stupid me.
You didn’t miss anything. There isn’t a lot of floating stock out there and the entire rest of the world had the exact same thought you did so the premiums were at like 600% or something. Very hard to make money on even with serious declining value.

• Haha
Reactions: cytg111 and Pohemi

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
That was another short I didnt make. Stupid stupid stupid me.
The day it IPO'd I wanted to short it, but I've never shorted a stock before and don't know how to do it on my main trading account. Everything I have now is tied up in a S&P 500 index fund. But from reading I should have been able to short a position worth twice what I had in the account. Which means this 40% drop could have made me $80k. So ... yeah I'm a bit upset I didn't short it too.

Reactions: cytg111

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The day it IPO'd I wanted to short it, but I've never shorted a stock before and don't know how to do it on my main trading account. Everything I have now is tied up in a S&P 500 index fund. But from reading I should have been able to short a position worth twice what I had in the account. Which means this 40% drop could have made me $80k. So ... yeah I'm a bit upset I didn't short it too.
Sadly this is a very unique situation because there’s so much competition to short the stock the cost to carry it is ludicrous.

Now this stock absolutely could tank enough that people still make money but it will have to REALLY tank, and right soon. The normal rules of ‘I should short the stock because this is a money losing business with no future prospects and no tech to sell’ do not apply.

Reactions: iRONic and Pohemi

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004

Don't worry, you likely couldn't have shorted it. I tried but there weren't any shares available to short and the cost was so high that a profit would be hard to make.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
These idiots that have invested in truth social are now saying the left/media/Boogeyman, is behind the drop in stock price.

"He suspects the recent drops in share price have been the result of “stock manipulation” from an “organized effort” to make the company look bad. There’s no proof of such a campaign, but Schlanger is convinced. “It’s got to be political,” he said, from all the “liberals that are trying to knock it down.”

Small-time investors in Trump’s Truth Social reckon with stock collapse​

You just cannot fix stupid.

A few more complainers:
"The user @manofpeace123, who said they bought shares at $65 and that 71 percent of their portfolio was DJT stock, said on Wednesday that investing was a way of telling Trump, “I believe in you and I stand with you through good times and bad.” But a day later, the user added: “can’t help but feel sad. … feel like I’m trying to catch a falling knife.”

Another account, @realJaneBLONDE, posted on Sunday that she was “NOT panicked NOT worried” before, two days later, posting a message to Trump and congressional Republicans urging them to make it “illegal” to bet against or short-sell stocks.

“Sick of MY investment money being stolen!!” she wrote. “They’re stealing peoples money and you’re allowing it!!”

"McLain is an amateur trader - he invested only once before and “lost [his] butt” - and said he hasn’t talked to his family about his investment, saying, “You know how that is.” But he believes the Trump Media deal is a sign he is “supposed to invest,” he said."

Last edited:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
These idiots that have invested in truth social are now saying the left/media/Boogeyman, is behind the drop in stock price.

"He suspects the recent drops in share price have been the result of “stock manipulation” from an “organized effort” to make the company look bad. There’s no proof of such a campaign, but Schlanger is convinced. “It’s got to be political,” he said, from all the “liberals that are trying to knock it down.”

Small-time investors in Trump’s Truth Social reckon with stock collapse​

You just cannot fix stupid.

A few more complainers:
"The user @manofpeace123, who said they bought shares at $65 and that 71 percent of their portfolio was DJT stock, said on Wednesday that investing was a way of telling Trump, “I believe in you and I stand with you through good times and bad.” But a day later, the user added: “can’t help but feel sad. … feel like I’m trying to catch a falling knife.”

Another account, @realJaneBLONDE, posted on Sunday that she was “NOT panicked NOT worried” before, two days later, posting a message to Trump and congressional Republicans urging them to make it “illegal” to bet against or short-sell stocks.

“Sick of MY investment money being stolen!!” she wrote. “They’re stealing peoples money and you’re allowing it!!”

"McLain is an amateur trader - he invested only once before and “lost [his] butt” - and said he hasn’t talked to his family about his investment, saying, “You know how that is.” But he believes the Trump Media deal is a sign he is “supposed to invest,” he said."
Queue up blaming MSNBC and George Soros.

Those idiots aren’t really into self responsibility

Reactions: Pohemi

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
If and when Trump gets thrown in the slammer, it seems to me the biggest losers are going to be his SS detail. I don't know what the procedures are/will be if Trump's view of the outside world is obstructed by vertical window shades made of steel, but if it's mandatory for one of his security crew to be within a lunge and tug of him, well sucks to be that guy.

Feb 4, 2009
If and when Trump gets thrown in the slammer, it seems to me the biggest losers are going to be his SS detail. I don't know what the procedures are/will be if Trump's view of the outside world is obstructed by vertical window shades made of steel, but if it's mandatory for one of his security crew to be within a lunge and tug of him, well sucks to be that guy.
He’s not going to jail. Our legal system, current justice department and leadership simply aren’t up to the task.
At BEST there will be some kind of “deal” where the former President is told to shut the fuck up about everything or this giant clear cut charge is going to be put upon him.