The Official Republican voter suppression/election fraud thread

Page 11 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Deets/news articles?

Deely told “CNN This Morning” on Monday that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court decision coming down so close to Election Day does “more to reinforce people’s mistrust in the process and it’s a real tragedy for Pennsylvania voters.”

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Republicans attempt to suppress counting of mail in ballots in swing states.
Republicans sue to disqualify thousands of mail ballots in swing states (msn.com)
Love this judges ruling in MI.

“No exhibits, no testimony, no evidence”: Judge brutally rejects GOP bid to disqualify 60K voters | Salon.com

"As a judge for 26 years," Kenny said, "this is the first time I have ever had a circumstance where the party instigating a lawsuit, when asked by the judge what's the relief you're asking for, I don't get an answer."

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
gibbets would be too good for brian kemp:

So far, the 159 counties in Georgia have sent the Palast Investigative Fund a breathtaking 149,168 challenges filed against voters.

The voter can request a court-like hearing at their county registrar’s office where they can prove their citizenship and address. They are guilty until they prove themselves innocent of what is, after all, a felony crime.

Turner, stationed in California, said he replied to the Muscogee County (Columbus) bureaucrat, “So you’re telling me, 2600 miles away… that if I want to vote that all I have to do is show up and prove that as an American citizen that I have the right to vote? AGAIN? You talk to fools like that! I’m not a fool!”

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004

'REPUBLICANS SPENT MUCH of Election Day planting seeds of suspicion about the integrity of the nation’s election systems. As the results began to trickle in, GOP candidates made it clear that they plan to harvest their crop, especially in races that remain undecided or where the margins were narrow.'

This is their new SOP; it's going to be every election cycle and it's not going to stop when there's no repercussions. A waste of time and taxpayer money for nothing but their spite and feels.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

'REPUBLICANS SPENT MUCH of Election Day planting seeds of suspicion about the integrity of the nation’s election systems. As the results began to trickle in, GOP candidates made it clear that they plan to harvest their crop, especially in races that remain undecided or where the margins were narrow.'

This is their new SOP; it's going to be every election cycle and it's not going to stop when there's no repercussions. A waste of time and taxpayer money for nothing but their spite and feels.
Only seen possible signs of this in Nevada and Arizona races. As Biden said in his speech, paraphrasing 'no whining so far by Pub losers.'

Reactions: Pohemi

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004

"Republican officials in a rural Arizona county refused Monday to certify the 2022 election despite no evidence of anything wrong with the count, a decision that was quickly challenged in court by the state’s top election official."

These assholes are trying to do this in as many locations/states as they can. It's only going to become more widespread if something isn't done to hold them to account for wasting time and taxpayer funding for nothing but spiteful delaying and foot-stomping. There is NO rational reasoning for this.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

"Republican officials in a rural Arizona county refused Monday to certify the 2022 election despite no evidence of anything wrong with the count, a decision that was quickly challenged in court by the state’s top election official."

These assholes are trying to do this in as many locations/states as they can. It's only going to become more widespread if something isn't done to hold them to account for wasting time and taxpayer funding for nothing but spiteful delaying and foot-stomping. There is NO rational reasoning for this.
I say go ahead morons. You know if you do this, Arizona law will throw out all of your votes, which are mostly republican, and help to allow for more Dems to win. Stupidity has a wonderful backdoor result.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I say go ahead morons. You know if you do this, Arizona law will throw out all of your votes, which are mostly republican, and help to allow for more Dems to win. Stupidity has a wonderful backdoor result.
This is a bad idea. While an extra house seat would be nice and it’s an amusing fuck you to these morons what it does in effect is normalize refusals to certify and the invalidation of lawful votes, facilitated by the official misconduct of partisan officials. That could go to some really bad places.

Better to have the state/courts force them to certify and remove them if they don’t.

Reactions: Meghan54 and Drach

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
This is a bad idea. While an extra house seat would be nice and it’s an amusing fuck you to these morons what it does in effect is normalize refusals to certify and the invalidation of lawful votes, facilitated by the official misconduct of partisan officials. That could go to some really bad places.

Better to have the state/courts force them to certify and remove them if they don’t.
Totally agree. The rights of the voters-no matter who they voted for-should NEVER be affected by official misconduct. I'd like to see something personally directed at the offenders-such as imprisonment for contempt of court for every day they refuse to do their statutory duty, along with substantial personal daily fines for the same period. I don't know the AZ laws involved but both contempt imprisonment and contempt fines should be within the power of the court.

Reactions: iRONic
Nov 17, 2019
What bugs me is that they're not refusing to certify based on some problem with the votes in their own county, but rather as some sort of protest of what they don't like in another county.

Reactions: hal2kilo