The AnandTech Introduction Thread: Get To Know Your Peers

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ahamling27

Aug 18, 2015
Been a long time reader of Anandtech. Love the site and love the in-depth reviews. I currently work for Curse Inc, as a Union for Gamers Rep, which is our YouTube partner program, or MCN as they're called.

I'm also working on updating my Terraria adventure map called, A Link to Terraria. I'm huge Terraria nerd and have over 1500 hours logged in the game on Steam. Most of those hours was testing various adventure maps, but regardless, it's been a big part of my life.

I'm not much of a forum participant, but we'll see how this goes. I love tinkering with my PC(still on Sandy Bridge, but updated to a GTX 970 just recently) but I'm no programmer. Just a passionate gamer.

Finally, Rocket League! If you've never heard of it, find it now, it's pretty new and really fun.

Ciao!

davidthemaster3

Mar 11, 2011
I'm davidthemaster30. Trying to find another username which I can remember.

I started reading Anandtech when Anand did his SSD Anthology articles ... blew my mind.

fralexandr

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
o_o spiffy anandtech logo'd screwdriver wooo.
I like to browse the forums and read up on stuff. I'll also try to help answer stuff if not that many people have posted in the thread yet. Mostly with lots of googling, though sometimes with knowledge I've accumulated.

So many lurkers!

letmepicyou

Banned
Jul 17, 2009
My current beast:

CPU: Intel i7 4790k
CPU COOLER: Corsair H110i GT
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z79X-UD5H-BK
RAM: 16 GB DDR3-2133 (EVGA)
HD : 1 TB SSD
VIDEO: XFX R9 290X DD
OPTICAL: LG Blu-Ray burner
CASE: AZZA Hurrican 2000

I'm not saying I will use a screwdriver I win here to help in my quest for world domination...
But I'm not saying I won't either.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Hi, I'm a lifer here, although I suppose that I don't always have the proper decorum of a lifer around here, so for that I apologize.

I'm a PC-building freak. I love experimenting with different brands and styles of PCs.

My most recent experiment was with a pair of MeegoPad T02 Ubuntu edition Compute Sticks. I had trouble with the factory install of Ubuntu, so I wiped them, tried to install Linux Mint, couldn't (as couldn't LonOnTech, mentioned in his YouTube review of the product), and just earlier tonight, I found the Win10 32-bit drivers to make it work properly in Win10.

Planning on ditching my ATX gaming rigs for Compute Sticks, and running a Windows (7?) VM on an unRAID 6.x server, once I get my server re-formatted and pay for a paid unRAID license.

Anyways, I collect things, and that screwdriver sure is Shiny! Thank AT.

Edit: And especially a hearty welcome to all AT fans, that just registered for our forums. I think that you will find the tech sub-forums to be a friendly and helpful place. (For the most part.)

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
<insert some awe inspiring greeting here>
Hmm... so, giving away a screwdriver...
One has to ask, is this a subliminal message campaign? :ninja:
<insert some epic closing statement here>

Samus

Golden Member
Jan 12, 2001
I'm davidthemaster30. Trying to find another username which I can remember.

I started reading Anandtech when Anand did his SSD Anthology articles ... blew my mind.

Yeah, without those I'd never have understood the physics behind NAND. No other place reviewed SSD to that level of detail. He really nailed it with those X25-M reviews.

Scalarscience

Aug 24, 2007
Not new here, but also not terribly active. I tend to stick to more niche forums for that usually, but am willing to give this a shot again, all screwdrivers aside =]

JSR

Aug 19, 2015
Really great giveaway! I both love Anandtech and unscrewing things... this would mix the best of both worlds =D
Thanks!

spe1491

Aug 5, 2004
Hello!

Been a member of the forums for a long time it would seem, but haven't visited much in a while. Used to like watching the hot deals forum when I first joined.

I like to build my own pc's and occasionally will build for friends & family.
I like computer gaming, but looking at my Steam library, apparently I like to collect a lot more than I actually play...

I work on the help desk for a very large company that shall not be named.

My most recent build was a new home server box:
Intel Core i3-4130T
Asus H97M-Plus
8GB G-Skill DDR3 1600 (4x 2GB) - it was spare from a previous upgrade
120GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 (Boot)
3x 2GB WD Red (Storage)

My personal rig is much older:
Intel Core i7-920
Gigabyte EX58-UD3R
12GB G-Skill DDR3 1866 (3x 4GB)
EVGA GTX 760 ACX
250GB Samsung 840 EVO (Boot)
750GB WD Black (Storage)

rjadamson

Aug 19, 2015
Greetings,
I am retired Master Chief Radioman Submarines and I have enjoyed Anandtech for more years than I care to mention. I am new to the forums but look forward to becoming involved.

Gunbuster

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Only 100 comments? I guess everyone is too busy getting a flat stomach, buying tech guy underwear, or shouting from the rooftops how great snapdragon is judging by the avalanche of advertising Purch has installed.

badanandtech.JPG

Last edited: