Senator and vice presidential candidate Joe Lieberman dies

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
So, we should no longer hate Hitler? How about Stalin and Mao?

You know that isn't what I said or meant.

I also don't believe Joe Lieberman is in the same category as Hitler, Stalin or Mao.

Do you?

Feb 4, 2009
it’s easy to sit here today and say “Lieberman should have this or not done that” problem is it’s easy to say that stuff and none of us enjoy it when someone does it to us.
Lieberman served his country and while I didn’t love everything he was for, I can accept those flaws and I find it pointless to groan about them today.

Reactions: pcgeek11

iRONic

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2006
Meh a passing moment wishing that asshole their just rewards isn't really groaning. Putting up a post gaining a small bit of pleasure on the nternet… no big deal.

That probably took me 30 seconds of my day and I moved on. What I won't do is sit here on the Internet and freaking argue about it! LO L

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
You know that isn't what I said or meant.

I also don't believe Joe Lieberman is in the same category as Hitler, Stalin or Mao.

Do you?

no, I don't think Lieberman was as bad as those three, but why should he get a pass just because he died?

Last edited:

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
it’s easy to sit here today and say “Lieberman should have this or not done that” problem is it’s easy to say that stuff and none of us enjoy it when someone does it to us.
Lieberman served his country and while I didn’t love everything he was for, I can accept those flaws and I find it pointless to groan about them today.
Lieberman served the insurance companies who owned him. He fucked our country over.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
no, I don't think Lieberman is as bad as those three, but why should he get a pass just because he died?

What is the point of pissing and moaning about how terrible he was about something you disagreed with. Other than having the echo chamber chime in and tell you how much they agree with you. Does it make you feel good when they do?

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
What is the point of pissing and moaning about how terrible he was about something you disagreed with. Other than having the echo chamber chime in and tell you how much they agree with you. Does it make you feel good when they do?
Yeah let's not talk about the guy the thread is about.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005

did someone force you to read it? I certainly didn't.

Reactions: iRONic
Feb 4, 2009
You're whining about people talking about Lieberman's legacy in a thread about Lieberman. No idea why you want to glorify such a piece of shit. Do you personally benefit from him making health insurance way more expensive?
Then focus your energy on the people today who can change that

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Then focus your energy on the people today who can change that
Why would I be talking about people today in a thread about this piece of shit from our past? Why are you so butthurt people want to talk about Lieberman's legacy in a thread about Lieberman? And do you personally benefit from him making health insurance way more expensive?

Reactions: ivwshane and iRONic
Feb 4, 2009
Why would I be talking about people today in a thread about this piece of shit from our past? Why are you so butthurt people want to talk about Lieberman's legacy in a thread about Lieberman? And do you personally benefit from him making health insurance way more expensive?
I find it tasteless to complain about a dead person and please let’s save time Liberman was not Hitler.