Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 1474 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
ISW says “Ukrainian forces recently regained lost positions east of Chasiv Yar as Russian forces continued offensive operations in the area on April 23.”

20,000-25,000 troops sent in and they lose ground. :tongueclosed:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
ISW says “Ukrainian forces recently regained lost positions east of Chasiv Yar as Russian forces continued offensive operations in the area on April 23.”

Is strategy comrade. Lull Ukraine and then unleash secret good army armed with T-34 tanks.

• Haha
Reactions: Meghan54

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006

-Bro have you never even heard of a tactical advance in reverse before?

Ancient Russian tactic.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
If Russia wanted to take out Ukraine’s government, Kiev would be in ruins right now. So you can believe what you wish. Remember, Ukraine lacks proper air defenses while Russia has a huge amount of missiles and drones. You don’t think Russia can take out Ukraine’s government? They are allowing the government to self destroy the Ukrainian military.

We are seeing a slow destruction of Ukraine’s military and you can even see Western media talking about this. Rooting for your Western sponsored team is OK but you must see the facts on the ground please. I’ll provide some things later but I do wish for peace ultimately in Ukraine.
This is the concern

The concern in western states is what happens if Russia loses too quickly, Russian coherency, destabilizing factors, an erratic panicking Putin.

Reactions: kage69

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
I am at a loss to understand your one-sided and willful blindness at the bloody debacle that is Putin's botched invasion of Ukraine except . . .
From the Russian perspective, human life has no value. None what so ever.
In that case, what debacle? It may not be the war they first imagined, or hoped for, but it remains the war they want.
So long as Russian meat waves are advancing, Kremlin is happy and very proud to crow about claiming blood soaked land. Far as Kremlin sees this, that land is now theirs forever.

It is up to us to prove them wrong. Thus far we are failing.

As for a person's dogged conviction to side with the genocidal invader....
I can imagine a lost soul who somehow found their way to the Kremlin itself. If not physically, then monetarily.
My imagination leads me to believe we are gifted a troll farm commander, who we may thank for keeping P&N in their memories, and in Russia's troll farm catalog. Without, we would not have been blessed with their minions. Those who did not pass review and needed daddy to show them how it is done. A worthy adversary. If only they were not so obviously dogmatic and typing solely Kremlin talking points, even the minutia no one else would be discussing outside Moscow.

And if we think they are harmless, many Republicans worked with them to bridge the gap and create opportunities for corruption here in the US. Our fields are sown, the troll farm's job is simply to provide the occasional water. Talking points that can sound good to the already inclined, or those unaware and thus unprotected from their shtick. Those Americans who may not know the moral imperative of stopping a genocidal invasion. And morality is not obvious. It must be instructed and trained. We can easily let our guard down and become the enemy we oppose. Come harvest, there is plenty of damage that they can do.

Look no further than the past seven months. Delayed aid caused meaningful losses on the frontline. With the promised threat of a next American President who'd support our enemy instead of our ally.

It is necessary to understand propaganda, for it will always be a danger and a threat to our lives. The butterfly effect.

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007
Looks like those Abrams tanks you guys have been bragging about are getting benched:

Ukraine has taken American Abrams M1A1 battle tanks off the frontline, partly because of Russian drone tactics, Pentagon officials have said. The US agreed to send 31 Abrams to Ukraine in January 2023. Five have been lost to Russian attacks. The proliferation of drones means “there isn’t open ground that you can just drive across without fear of detection”, a senior defence official said on Thursday. “Now, there is a way to do it,” he said. “We’ll work with our Ukrainian partners, and other partners on the ground, to help them think through how they might use that, in that kind of changed environment now, where everything is seen immediately.”

$500 cheap drones taking out $10 million dollar tanks. LOL.

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007

Guess you missed this part:

The officials said the aid package will be funded through the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative, which pays for longer-term contracts with the defense industry and means that it could take many months or years for the weapons to arrive.The officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss details not yet made public.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Very much simple minded and black and white thinking going on. I am sorry to say but some points are just ridiculous. And to the one poster who posted three pictures, not very funny ones, after I posted a pretty funny picture, you sound a little desperate.

Listen, Russia is advancing, slow and steady, as I mentioned. Do you know how big this front is? Do you know how many towns and cities are under contention? It’s very big and Russia is taking town after town. This is not a blitzkrieg operation. This is Russia wearing out the Ukrainian military because that is the goal.

I will post some battles going on and other things later but rest assured, Russia is taking town after town.

And for the $61 billion is aid, well this is useless pretty much. Before the West was sending tanks and IFVs and other such things but what now? Where are the large number of tanks and other vehicles?

Oh now apparently Ukrainian men will be sent back to Ukraine from Poland?! Big news actually. This is something I mentioned in my last post which for some reason was ignored. Ukrainian embassies in other countries will not process paperwork for military aged men. So just another indication of a big lack of manpower for Ukraine. I’ve been saying this for a while now but people here minimize this.
Raildogg going to the frontline

• Haha
Reactions: Drach and Perknose

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
  • Haha
Reactions: Roger Wilco

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
What are you talking about? Did they not remove it? Only two orcs, that's a bargain according to Putin.
Obviously tongue in cheek. Who, in their right mind, tries to remove a tank mine by hand???!! I'm not in the military and I wouldn't touch that mine with a ten foot pole.

Oops, missed your sarcasm (well, even though it is true).

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: cytg111

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Looks like those Abrams tanks you guys have been bragging about are getting benched:

$500 cheap drones taking out $10 million dollar tanks. LOL.

Those are rookie numbers cyka. $500 cheap drones have been BBQing $250million Russian assets for the better part of 2 years now. How much does a Tu-22M cost? :grin: Also an Abrams is about 3-4 million USD, for a new one. Chump change for a global economy and real superpower btw. Are you emulating the Russian past time of black out drinking now too? Your math fails usually aren't this ... pronounced.

It's less that people were bragging about 80s vintage Abrams, muchmore that they were laughing at you for pretending T-55s on the battlefield was no big deal, also their insane losses. See the difference?

What am I asking, you can't even tell your ass from a hole in the ground, of course you can't see the difference. LOL At least those crews probably lived to fight another day, instead of turning into char grilled chutney like Russians in a BMP.

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Those are rookie numbers cyka. $500 cheap drones have been BBQing $250million Russian assets for the better part of 2 years now. How much does a Tu-22M cost? :grin: Also an Abrams is about 3-4 million USD, for a new one. Chump change for a global economy and real superpower btw. Are you emulating the Russian past time of black out drinking now too? Your math fails usually aren't this ... pronounced.

It's less that people were bragging about 80s vintage Abrams, muchmore that they were laughing at you for pretending T-55s on the battlefield was no big deal, also their insane losses. See the difference?

What am I asking, you can't even tell your ass from a hole in the ground, of course you can't see the difference. LOL At least those crews probably lived to fight another day, instead of turning into char grilled chutney like Russians in a BMP.

US Army also isn't pouring billions into fielding new EW, C-UAS, and SHORAD capabilities for nothing. We're watching and learning.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Obviously tongue in cheek. Who, in their right mind, tries to remove a tank mine by hand???!! I'm not in the military and I wouldn't touch that mine with a ten foot pole.

Oops, missed your sarcasm (well, even though it is true).

As mines go they aren't the ones most EOD are worried about. Takes a lot of pressure to make them go off, you only want a tank triggering it after all, not a foot soldier. They usually aren't that sensitive. TM-62 I think, my guess is maybe Yuri tried to disarm without the wire safety clip you need. Ooops.

Poor guys, at least it was quick for the one touching it. Like 20lbs of explosive directed up and that guy had his head right over it. :frowning: Cut to black, no delay.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: cytg111

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
US Army also isn't pouring billions into fielding new EW, C-UAS, and SHORAD capabilities for nothing. We're watching and learning.

You know it. Putin's TED talk on how to beat Russians in warfare has been a smashing success, both sides of the pond.

It's not just data for future systems either, we're working projects in real time for immediate use, like the cracking of Khibiny. Cheers, genitals. *toast*

Young Grasshopper

Nov 9, 2007

Aww looksie someone is mad.

‘They’re not $10 million, only 3 to 4 million!’

Ok bud I will retract my statement and correct it for you:

$500 cheap drones taking out $3-$4 million dollar tanks LOL

While the Abrams tanks have been benched, the Russian turtle tanks stay on the field.