Russia on brink of ... NOPE! Russia INVADES Ukraine!

Page 1471 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

APU_Fusion

Dec 16, 2013
I am sure the invasion of the Tibetan Autonomous Region and cleansing of Uyghurs is America’s fault too. In fact, the persecution of the Jews by the Germans in WW2 were part of conspiracy because Hitler was a pawn of Roosevelt. Roosevelt wanted to destroy Japan so he asked Hitler to invade other nations and partner with Japan and Italy as an excuse. 🙄

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
I wonder how long it will take for the supplemental aid for Ukraine to take full effect on the battlefield. There must be a lot of subtle yet very earnest celebrating going on in Ukraine at the moment though.

Hope there's enough time for the AFU to fully and properly gear up for the expected Russian offensive coming around the corner.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I wonder how long it will take for the supplemental aid for Ukraine to take full effect on the battlefield. There must be a lot of subtle yet very earnest celebrating going on in Ukraine at the moment though.

Hope there's enough time for the AFU to fully and properly gear up for the expected Russian offensive coming around the corner.

This aid package is reportedly ready for shipment from stockpiles in Germany and Poland. They just have to load it on trains/trucks. Fresh munitions should reach the field in 2-3 days once they have the green light.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
This aid package is reportedly ready for shipment from stockpiles in Germany and Poland. They just have to load it on trains/trucks. Fresh munitions should reach the field in 2-3 days once they have the green light.

Awesome. Great news. And what's so pleasing about the fresh supplies heading into Ukraine is that Putin can't do much of anything about stopping the resupply from happening.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
full list of senate vote
one of the reasons for having aid separated into individual bills was so that Ds could vote no on the israel aid in protest. package bill gives some cover for voting no but doesnt really excuse the regulars on team Traitor for putin money.

Here are the 3 members of the Democratic caucus who voted against the bill:

• Bernie Sanders of Vermont
  • Jeff Merkley of Oregon
  • Peter Welch of Vermont
Here are the 15 GOP senators who voted against the bill:

• John Barrasso of Wyoming
  • Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee
  • Mike Braun of Indiana
  • Ted Budd of North Carolina
  • Ted Cruz of Texas
  • Bill Hagerty of Tennessee
  • Josh Hawley of Missouri
  • Ron Johnson of Wisconsin
  • Mike Lee of Utah
  • Cynthia Lummis of Wyoming
  • Roger Marshall of Kansas
  • Marco Rubio of Florida
  • Eric Schmitt of Missouri
  • Rick Scott of Florida
  • JD Vance of Ohio
didn’t vote
  • Ron Paul
  • Tim Scott
  • Tommy Tuberville

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
It’s pretty quiet right now. Some of our more vocal posters are probably waiting on updated talking points now that the bill has passed.

I think they’ll decide to down play the amount of aid and it’s impact while simultaneously saying how much this package is stealing from Americans and babies.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
It’s pretty quiet right now. Some of our more vocal posters are probably waiting on updated talking points now that the bill has passed.

I think they’ll decide to down play the amount of aid and it’s impact while simultaneously saying how much this package is stealing from Americans and babies.
If a baby is unarmed, is it even an American?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
May 8: Where Kerch Bridge go? OH FUCKING PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I suspect we will mostly supply M39A1s which will be used with great effect against S-300/400 systems and airbases in occupied Ukraine. The unitary warhead variants aren't great at taking something like a bridge though could certainly do damage since the structure itself doesn't seem particularly well built. More likely the SBU cooks something up I think.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
The unitary warhead variants aren't great at taking something like a bridge though could certainly do damage since the structure itself doesn't seem particularly well built. More likely the SBU cooks something up I think.
Pockmarking the bridge surface and substructure isn’t bad, but shaped charges on a bridge support are way better to turn sections of it into scrap. Tough to do with a team (Russian surveillance problem) - though given the lack of competency displayed by Russian soldiers, maybe easier than it would appear.

Not sure what type of missile can do this, but they would need to be air launched. Or a nautical drone with a very large warhead.

Any civil engineers in here?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Pockmarking the bridge surface and substructure isn’t bad, but shaped charges on a bridge support are way better to turn sections of it into scrap. Tough to do with a team (Russian surveillance problem) - though given the lack of competency displayed by Russian soldiers, maybe easier than it would appear.

Not sure what type of missile can do this, but they would need to be air launched. Or a nautical drone with a very large warhead.

Any civil engineers in here?

The rail bridge might be a better target for a BM since it's much thicker and all the energy from the impact and the warhead going off can be dumped mostly into the structure instead of blowing though the deck. A dozen Taurus missiles with the better fusing would be ideal but Scholz isn't giving those up. If it were us we'd send JASSM-ER.

Reactions: Ajay