Resetting a Verizon LG G6

spdfreak

Mar 6, 2000
My G6 is about a year and half old and starting to get flakey. Stuff like someone calls me and I can't hear them and they can't hear me. Then call back and it connects OK. Also just seems generally laggy sometimes. I only use a few apps like Microsoft launcher and Office, Firefox, Instagram, etc. No games. What kind of pain am I in for if I do the full factory reset? I think the phone is on the latest version of Android through Verizon.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
A factory reset is pretty straight forward. I've had to do them occasionally over the years with my LG and Samsung phones.

As long as you have anything you need to keep backed up (or you have automatic data syncs through LG/Samsung, etc) so you don't lose anything, it takes about 30 minutes or so.

Reactions: spdfreak

spdfreak

Mar 6, 2000
Pictures are all on the sd card, so just pull it before the reset and then reinstall it after? Also backed up to my One drive...

Will it still have the latest version of android or will that have to be updated? Just trying to budget the time to do it right.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
Pictures are all on the sd card, so just pull it before the reset and then reinstall it after? Also backed up to my One drive...

Will it still have the latest version of android or will that have to be updated? Just trying to budget the time to do it right.

Whenever I've reset a phone, it always keeps the most recent OS build, so you shouldn't have to do that again. If all your data is on the SD card, you can pull it and put it back in afterwards. Just make sure your contacts are on the SD card as well (or synced with a service) so you don't lose them.

Reactions: spdfreak