Prime Day TV choices

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
I'm debating a new TV to replace my aging but still nice Panasonic G25 plasma. It has to be 50"-55" given the space I have. I'm leaning towards OLED, but heard QLED might be better in some scenarios. Any input? Let's say the upper limit I'm willing to spend is $2K on a 55". I was hoping to maybe snag one on Prime Day to save a little money. TVs I see on Prime Day sales:

55" Sony A80K OLED
55" Sony A80J OLED

55" LG C series OLED seems to be out of stock. :(

55" Samsung Neo QLED QN90B
55" Samsung Neo QLED QN95B

Yes, I also looked at 8K TVs but nothing would fit my space and the content just isn't there AFAIK. I've read some of the threads here but opinions are all over the place and I wanted to narrow the discussion. :D

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Here are reviews for the tv sets you mentioned. Good luck with your search!

The LG C1 is old now and that's why you can't find it. This year is the C2.

Reactions: CP5670

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Damn. I really want a big beautiful OLED tv, but I also told myself I would finish a wall in the basement and buy a high quality projector instead.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Damn. I really want a big beautiful OLED tv, but I also told myself I would finish a wall in the basement and buy a high quality projector instead.
First world problems.:p My projector just broke and I'm shopping for a replacement. What do you mean by high quality? I'm about to pull the trigger on the one below. It seems to get good reviews for the price. BestBuy has a sale on it which is my main reason for wanting it.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
By high quality I mean something that could replace a good television. Powerful bulb and good color reproduction. Fast refresh.
A projector good enough for movies, games, and god forbid over the air broadcasts though I havent watched that in years.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
By high quality I mean something that could replace a good television. Powerful bulb and good color reproduction. Fast refresh.
A projector good enough for movies, games, and god forbid over the air broadcasts though I havent watched that in years.
Prices for projectors, much like televisions, vary quite a bit. It's all about with features you want. I ordered the UHD55, which should be quite an upgrade over what I had.

Reactions: shortylickens