Pixel 8 or S24

spdfreak

Mar 6, 2000
I almost pulled the trigger on a P8 when google had all the promos going on. It would have been 200+tax. I didn't do it since my P6 really works fine but doesn't have the greatest cell reception. But now trade in on the P6 is down to 106.00 at google so that has me thinking I should have. But, my sister can get a S24 256 for 212+tax through work if I want it (trading in the P6). Seems like a good deal. The question is how different is the UI between the pixel and S24? I really like the pixel UI but I've had everything over the years- LG, Windows phone, etc. Any real down side to getting the S24? I assume the cameras will be basically equivalent with each phone having a strength and weakness. I've pretty much decided that we are at parity with all the flagship level phones and it probably doesn't matter much anymore.

spdfreak

Mar 6, 2000
I saw that... but the assumption is that the camera quality is the same as the S23 with no improvement. I'd be surprised if they haven't at least incrementally improved the camera. I'll probably get it and see. If I don't like it, I'll give it to my sister who always loved her s20 and 21 phones.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
samsung cameras are very good, in good light. it's when you get into low light or any kind of movement in anything but good light, they suck.

Reactions: spdfreak

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
I upgraded this year from a great Samsung S10e to the S23 and it's been amazing. Extremely power efficient, very snappy and a fantastic camera.