pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Say it all right here:

View attachment 86450

Nobody in Congress should get a penny until they pass a budget. This shit happens every time the budget is due. WTF it isn't like it sneaks up on them. They haven't passed a spending bill on time in decades.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
As if furloughed employees are somehow independently wealthy and don't need to get paid? LOL.

"I'm more important than other federal employees!"

That asshole wouldn't have any self-awareness if it slapped him in the face, lol. Some of those tools really don't think before they speak. Not that it'd be any better if they did.

Feb 4, 2009
Nobody in Congress should get a penny until they pass a budget. This shit happens every time the budget is due. WTF it isn't like it sneaks up on them. They haven't passed a spending bill on time in decades.

I’ve thought this only problem is it gives the super wealthy representatives/senators a huge advantage. Basically accept my shit offer or I’ll starve you out.
I would be for something more equal but difficult to enforce. Make all congress critters live in appropriately spacious and decent near by Government housing. They can all look at each other every single day. If they want to take care of the buildings trash during a shutdown they can do it or pay someone to do it.
However this plan has far too many failure points.

trenchfoot

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well these Republicans fully realize that their House members and specifically their Freedom Caucus extremists are exclusively responsible for having the nation suffer through a shutdown. It's all out there in the open this humiliating in-fighting that they're flagellating themselves with.

So what do they do to defend themselves when they're called out on the trainwreck they caused over this issue? They double down on their arrogance, hubris and spite because they having nothing else to shield themselves with. They have no means to control their radical MAGAT agitators because they are all afraid them. Soooo fucked up and they only have themselves to answer for it all.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Well these Republicans fully realize that their House members and specifically their Freedom Caucus extremists are exclusively responsible for having the nation suffer through a shutdown. It's all out there in the open this humiliating in-fighting that they're flagellating themselves with.

So what do they do to defend themselves when they're called out on the trainwreck they caused over this issue? They double down on their arrogance, hubris and spite because they having nothing else to shield themselves with. They have no means to control their radical MAGAT agitators because they are all afraid them. Soooo fucked up and they only have themselves to answer for it all.
In 2016, the Republican battle was the plain old fascist wing of the Republican Party versus the Nazi wing of the Republican Party. The Nazi wing won. This time, it's the Nazis fighting amongst themselves for title of best Nazi.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009

We'll just have to soldier on and keep voting Republican until things change.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
The last several have been due to let’s be honest unreasonable demands as in I cut taxes, then spend like a drunken sailor and come spending time I refuse to do anything and I actually want to cut spending.

But realistically how long has it been since a budget was passed by either party on time?

I'm thinking 1997 or there about...

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Feb 4, 2009
But realistically how long has it been since a budget was passed by either party on time?

I'm thinking 1997 or there about...
Probably about right. We need all of these fuckers to work together. While it’s happened in the past and many complained about it, I have become a fan of a sales trainer I listened to years ago.
GSD should be everyone’s mantra. Get Stuff (Shit) Done. Doing something is always better than doing nothing.
GSD god dammit.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Here is another Republican:

If you’re a Federal worker, a government shutdown is one of the sacrifices you occasionally have to make in an otherwise gravy job. So says Roger Marshall.

"I think when you take a job with the federal government, you realize that there’s pros and cons and this is one of the cons of it, that every five or 10 years, there’s a government shutdown,” Marshall said. “They have incredible pay, they have easy hours, only a fourth of them are actually back working in the office right now. So we all have to, you know, sacrifice.”

Yeah, his federal job is so onerous, and don’t you admire the sacrifice he’s making regarding his federal pay?:rolleyes:

He should go to Fort Riley and personally tell the troops there that missing a paycheck is what they signed up for.

• Haha

Puffnstuff

Lifer
Mar 9, 2005
Well since I'll be one of those federal workers on furlough I expect to get some maintenance work done around the ponderosa in the coming days.

The people must take back control of congressional wages so they are motivated to actually fulfill their duties instead of turning government into a giant clown car big tent act filled with grifters. Congress must be subject to the budget just like every one else is.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Here is another Republican:

If you’re a Federal worker, a government shutdown is one of the sacrifices you occasionally have to make in an otherwise gravy job. So says Roger Marshall.

Yeah, his federal job is so onerous, and don’t you admire the sacrifice he’s making regarding his federal pay?:rolleyes:

He should go to Fort Riley and personally tell the troops there that missing a paycheck is what they signed up for.

Marshall is doing his bit for the women of Kansas by not being one of the shittiest OBs in the state. When he became a senator health care in western Kansas actually improved by his absence.

Feb 4, 2009
Well since I'll be one of those federal workers on furlough I expect to get some maintenance work done around the ponderosa in the coming days.

The people must take back control of congressional wages so they are motivated to actually fulfill their duties instead of turning government into a giant clown car big tent act filled with grifters. Congress must be subject to the budget just like every one else is.
Per what I read it would require a constitutional amendment some about the 27(?) amendment

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Republicans may not be responsible for all shutdowns but they are definitely responsible for this one. The senate CR would easily pass the house but Republicans refuse to bring it up for a vote.

Reactions: Pohemi and hal2kilo

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Republicans in the past 60 years have accomplished two things. They have made the government of the US so incompetent at solving problems for the people rather than rigging the system for the rich while at the same convincing the people it's the government, namely liberals, who are responsible for that incompetence. The worse it has been the better it was for them. We can hope that finally people are catching on to their game.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
We can hope that finally people are catching on to their game.
There are those who refuse to catch on, even intentionally doing so. Luckily, the majority of voters have, or are, catching on.

I have to wonder how big a majority is necessary going forward, when the GOP, with the help of the SCOTUS, is doing everything they can to enable their own minority rule. And once they have even a shred of control it becomes 'burn it to the ground, blame it on the libruhls'.

We need some major changes to stop enabling this kinda shit.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
There are those who refuse to catch on, even intentionally doing so. Luckily, the majority of voters have, or are, catching on.

I have to wonder how big a majority is necessary going forward, when the GOP, with the help of the SCOTUS, is doing everything they can to enable their own minority rule. And once they have even a shred of control it becomes 'burn it to the ground, blame it on the libruhls'.

We need some major changes to stop enabling this kinda shit.
In our democracy major change can only come by revolution or a sufficient majority in the House and in the Senate either to a Presidential veto to overcome a filibuster or eliminate that from the Senate. Then you will need a majority on the Supreme Court not to legislate from the bench and hopefully a cooperative President. The founding fathers never anticipated or solved for the problem of the power of brainwashing or the neediness and nastiness created by unmitigated self hate.