Netanyahu cabinet closes Al Jazeera as a national threat

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Netanyahu didnt just close Al Jazeera in Israel, but also had US congress ban Tik Tok. He didnt like the student protests so had them shut down too. Fearing the ICC may issue arrest warrants for him and IDF chiefs, he had Biden do what he can to prevent that. The US has a raging monkey on its back that is steering it to disaster and they seem unwilling or unable to do anything about it.

• Wow
Reactions: iRONic

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Are we sure Bibi isn't a Republican?

He's far-right, so same diff basically.

Bibi is different than a Republican because he isn't an American right wing conservative but he is similar to them in ideology. So same diff and same same thing depending on whether you are talking about the difference behind their similarity or their similarity behind their difference. Also sprach Moonbeam.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Netanyahu didnt just close Al Jazeera in Israel, but also had US congress ban Tik Tok. He didnt like the student protests so had them shut down too. Fearing the ICC may issue arrest warrants for him and IDF chiefs, he had Biden do what he can to prevent that. The US has a raging monkey on its back that is steering it to disaster and they seem unwilling or unable to do anything about it.
To be fair, this showed how easy it would be for China to weaponize Tik Tok against the US. All social media has too much power, but at least most of them aren't ran by hostile countries, just rich assholes.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
To be fair, this showed how easy it would be for China to weaponize Tik Tok against the US. All social media has too much power, but at least most of them aren't ran by hostile countries, just rich assholes.

US social media is banned in China so I don't really have a problem making the Chinese divest what is functionally a massive CCP owned spyware/disinformation system.

Feb 4, 2009
While I do not know the answer maybe someone can answer it.
Is Al Jazeera “fair & balanced” regarding its Israel coverage. I truly do not know the answer.

Reactions: cytg111

akugami

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2005
I don't read Al Jazeera enough to know how biased they are, or are not. But I'm going to wager good money that they are at least more sympathetic to Islamic peoples and causes. Enough that they would look with a skeptical eye towards anything Netanyahu's government puts out. I'd say kicking out Al Jazeera for biased reporting is Netanyahu's version of Trump's "fake news" claim.