my results with a uric acid supplement

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Time to update this little jewel.
I got off that diet and that reduced my proteins intake a lot. I fell away from taking the supplement about a year and a half ago.
I had a really bad weekend with family playing cards and eating rich foods, and now I have my first round of gout. Yippee!

Jul 27, 2020
This gout, I do not recommend it.

I would say that turmeric (with a sprinkling of black pepper and mixed with extra virgin olive oil) is safer to use than corn silk (diuretic with potential for harm).

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I have an attack going in my right heel.
I thought the toe was bad. fvck!!
time to get allopurinol.

Most of my gout attacks are in the metatarsals…feels like I broke a bone in the top of my foot. The first one, that’s exactly what I thought it was…couldn’t walk on the foot. Went to the urgent care, got an x-ray…bones were perfect. Doc said, “ I dunno…maybe gout?” Had a Uric acid test at my pcp, yep…it was elevated. ( not horribly high that day, but still enough to justify the allopurinol.)

May 11, 2008
Better read this about the cause of gout :
I know clean water without fracking chemicals or without dissolved methane can be a problem in some states in the USA :
But there are some good ideas you can try out in this post, also about gout and the how and the why :

Small excerpt form the text :
"
Short story :
Drink lot of water, urinate often to lower the uric acid levels in the body and watch the amount of purines in the weekly diet.
"

Such a way of life might reduce your medical issues and might allow for you to use less medicines and therefore have less issues with possible side effects from the medicines. Everybody happy. :blush:

Also, drinking water often, allows for the stomach to remain filled and the effect is a reduced desire to eat because of feelling full. The best way to let the body slowly use stored fatty tissue we all have.
And the sweating cleans up the pores, makes humans look happy especially after a shower. Both the people who shower and the people around them. I know all about it.
And as extra plus : The digestive system and the skeletal muscles will love you and you will have a lot less muscle cramps and more physical strength and more physical endurance...

Last edited:

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I don't know about all that, I do know that it gets more difficult to get going after several years and the gout is not helping.