More ridiculous culture warriors

Feb 4, 2009
Bwahahahaha!!!

Open on Sunday to watch the snowflakes commit mass suicide.
Not my favorite fast food place but it’s not bad. Maybe I’ll go Sunday and buy a cauliflower sandwich just to troll the culture warriors.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
In a competitive culture where everybody has been exposed to ridicule by people who want to feel superior to them, everybody will wind up feeling aggrieved. Stupid people are too stupid to know how stupid they are will be perfectly happy to be disgusted by anything. Smarter people seeing that disgust as the very thing that caused them to feel aggrieved will not be smart enough not to see they are just as aggrieved but about somewhat more obviously disgusting things.

Only the worthless and invisible meek will be able to escape this, having accepted the fact that aggravation is a hopeless waste of effort to which they have no entitlement.

The greater the stupidity, otherwise know as egotism, the greater the degree of aggravation one will experience.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
I don't see an issue with this at all and I'm a conservative... I've even eaten plant based burgers and enjoyed the one I had it even tasted like beef.

What I have trouble understanding is that if you are against eating meat why do you want it to taste like meat?

itsmydamnation

Platinum Member
Feb 6, 2011
What I have trouble understanding is that if you are against eating meat why do you want it to taste like meat?
come-on you can rub your 2 brain cells together can come up with a whole bunch of suitable answers.

honestly its really not that hard

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I don't see an issue with this at all and I'm a conservative... I've even eaten plant based burgers and enjoyed the one I had it even tasted like beef.

The sandwich you ate is marketed not at diehard vegetarians but rather towards omnivores who are trying to make their diets at least a little healthier.

Along the same lines, I fully endorse Burger King's veggie Whopper. It would even be a premium sandwich if it wasn't on the same old crappy bun.

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
come-on you can rub your 2 brain cells together can come up with a whole bunch of suitable answers.

honestly its really not that hard

I am looking at it from the point of view of someone that is opposed to killing and eating animals. Being morally opposed it seems you wouldn't want it to taste like meat. For instance I am opposed to cannibalism and I wouldn't eat something that tasted like human flesh.

Feb 4, 2009

I can explain this, my wife is a vegetarian.
Don't confuse a vegetarian with a vegan. Their diets are similar but different.
My wife likes Gardein burgers because they have a chewy and almost beef like taste. She doesn't like beyond beef much because it is too authentic and the pseudo "bleeding" it does turns her off. She'll eat beyond meat substitutes but its not her first choice BTW she really misses bacon. Vegetarians are usually doing it for health and ethical reasons as in they don't like the idea of (typically a cow) being killed. My wife doesn't like the look of ground meats, the thought of an animal carcass going into a huge grinder is not something she likes to think of.
Vegans are more strict, they don't like the idea of animals being caged or used on a farm other than a horse or oxen that hauls stuff around that's cool because it is more or less what the animal would do anyways. Vegans do not want any animals products in food or clothing (yes my wife avoids leather where she can). Many, many things have animal products in theme without your knowledge. Wine goes thru some kind of "bone filter", honey is stolen from the bees (in a vegan opinion), dairy is stolen from the cows or sheep, many sugars go thru some sort of animal filter like wine and so on. Vegans that I've met typically don't want food to look like meat at all. They prefer their food to look like vegetables.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
I am looking at it from the point of view of someone that is opposed to killing and eating animals. Being morally opposed it seems you wouldn't want it to taste like meat. For instance I am opposed to cannibalism and I wouldn't eat something that tasted like human flesh.

I'm a bit concerned that you are confident you could recognise the taste of human flesh.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Surprised that US conservatives haven't all come down with Scurvy already.

I keep reading references to how various vegetables were considered Satanic in the past, and shunned by the Christian masses and banned by the Vatican. The potato, for example, was considered to be the devil's work, and banned by the Catholic church, because it wasn't mentioned in the Bible and was only found in the Americas. Tomatoes, also, allegedly, because rich people ate them off pewter plates, and the resultant lead-poisoning was blamed on the fruit.

TBH I haven't yet found an authoritative confirmation of these stories (they keep coming up in podcasts and internet "strange facts" lists). But it sounds as if the US right is still stuck in medieval mode.