Jesus's middle name is Hume! Caution: Some NSFW images within!

Page 4150 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
May 11, 2008
Err. Are you sure that your neighbors are the ones who are on drugs? :p :laughing:
Unfortunately. Yes, certainly untold and unproven, leave it them to be crazy on cheap liquor ! AAAI ! If only i would be so lucky to have some of the good greatest stuff and not be ill. As i am in this place and time to be.
I would preach to the single oman i would love cause me eart can only power one oman ! And always love to all who ould be worth it brather and sista !
We should meet when money agrees and timelines converge once day brotha ! ...

Last edited:

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Reactions: zinfamous

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
isn't that one of those insane murder birds?

Kind of like raccoons...they are generally not aggressive unless cornered or protecting young. Except these birds are more dangerous than raccoons and more capable of seriously ruining your day.

They're akin to Ostrich and Emu. Probably won't mess with you if you give them proper space...but they're still unsettling to me for some reason, and I wouldn't trust one out in the open.

[DHT]Osiris

Lifer
Dec 15, 2015
Absofuckinglutelynot.

Story time: In the long-long ago, I had a rich (and probably mentally ill) aunt that raised emus and ostriches, among other things. I was at a family event, standing near the pasture where these fucking dinosaurs were penned in, with some unlucky cousin or friend of the family or who-knows-what (also among others). I hear a bizarre screech from behind me where about a hundred yards off, 2 ostriches come sprinting at us like velociraptors. Now with the fence in between us and them I wasn't overly concerned but I realized as they got closer just how tall they were, easily clearing my ~5'6" self by a few feet at the head. They scrambled up like mutant flamingos, and the nearest/largest reached its gigantic murder face over the rather high fence, snagged one of the earrings aforementioned cousin/friend-of-family/whatever, and claimed it for its own, along with a chunk of flesh and far more blood than you'd expect to come from an ear. The flurry of dust, blood, and screams took about a half second.

I was waiting for the thing in that gif to claim an eye. Absolutely not, not ever.

• Wow
Reactions: pmv and Pohemi

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
More wholesome than creepy really

luqsS7d.jpeg

Reactions: skyking and Pohemi

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
My dog realized I was upset when I had his nuts cut off. My son was 6, he starts yelling from the other room...DADDY, DADDY...I run in there and the dog was humping the back of his head.

Could have been worse. Could have been his face. :D

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: Pohemi and lxskllr

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
isn't that one of those insane murder birds?

Sure is. Those guys get mad, they can deliver kicks to your nuts and guts most fowl. Disembowelment. One killed a guy in Florida, back in 2019. All he did was slip and fall over next to one them, startled it, and it went after him. Died at the hospital.

I've seen video of them being fended off with open umbrellas before, but if I was there with my fam and kids you better believe I'd have a 12 bore nearby. I'm all for conservation, but if a protected animal shows up at a picnic and threatens the fam, Queensland can fuckin bill me.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Reminds me of that "butt chugging" craze that idiot teens were doing a few years back, with the liquor funnel into the ass. Simply for the effect to hit faster and harder. WTF?!?

• Wow
Reactions: highland145

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Goes back farther than that, those were precocious days of youth for Boof Kavanaugh.

I remember hearing something about kids sticking ecstasy tabs up their rears back in Florida, then having a 3rd party confirm it was indeed a thing. That was in 98 I want to say.