FS: Single board computer (Dual Pentium 3) - $10 + shipping

kmmatney

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2000
I have a single board computer (SBC) for sale. This is a bare card, which requires a backplane to work. The card features dual pentium3 sockets, dual lan, 4 USB ports on on board video, and 4 SDRAM slots. This board does NOT have SCSI.

The specification for the card are at:

PCA 6277E2

pictures of actual SBC are at:

Pic 1
Pic 2

This card is an industrial grade card, designed to be powered by a backplane. There is no ATX power connector on the board. You can use 1 or 2 cpus on the system. This board was last used 2 months ago, and was working fine. You should be familair with SBC computers if you want to buy this. Nothin' special about the board really, accept for everything being on a single card.

I respond to PMs faster than email. Will ship to US only. Price is $10 + shipping costs. Shipping will be by UPS ground from Denver, CO. Shipping will probably cost ~$7.

Edit: My Heat
Edit: I'm not sure if I have the original driver disk, but the latest drivers are available from the first link above. Windows 2000 has built-in drivers for most devices on this board.

cakin

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2001
BUMP...neat card - the last time I saw one of those I was building voice processing systems for phone companies and we had to write tight code.

KennyH

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2000
designed to be powered by a backplane

Could you possibly explain this? I have seen these SBC before but I have never really messed with one. Please LMK where/how I could obtain a backplane. Thanks :)

kmmatney

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2000
For those of you wondering how this works, this is basically a standard motherboard (VIA chipset) which plugs into a backplane. The backplane we usually use is here:

Backplane

You ca use an ordinary ATX power supply, but you'll need an "industrial" case to house this beast.

The reason for doing this is that you can get a LOT of PCI or ISA slots. For instance, when used with the backplane shown above, we can get 12 PCI slots. There are other backplanes you can get with multiple ISA slots. Some industrial customers require that all computers be EXACTLY the same for all their equipment. This means that they may still be using mutiple ISA cards. In fact, they still make 386 and 486 single board computers for customers who have CopyExact! requirements.

You can see from this link here:

Single board computers

They still sell 386 and 486 computers for industrial use!!

Some single board computers can be powered directly by an ATX power supply, so a backplane is optional.

kmmatney

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2000
One thing about single board computers, is that they can be powred up with an old AT case. For instance, you can use this backplane:

AT case backplane

And install this in an old AT case.