~Free~ Sample of 2 oz. of ReNu Solution

GoldenAzn

Dec 28, 2004
thxs...i get this usually when i go to sam's after i pick up my contacts and they give a case also.

emeraldsky

Banned
Dec 3, 2004
Thanks. This is a good promotion, because otherwise I probably wouldn't even know this new product exists.

MrNutz

Banned
Oct 18, 2001
thanx!

Originally posted by: cheetoden
My wife refuses to buy the generic brand for $2 less.
me too! comeon.. you only have one set of eyes... why go generic? :p

osiris3mc

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by: MrNutz
thanx!

The Costco ones really are a lot cheaper, like several dollars.... You don't think they are identical? I'm sure all the ingredients, or whatever the term is, are the same and in the same proportions.

BigBadMunky

Jul 11, 2000
Thanks...I've been using this stuff for some time. I like the little bottles because they are handy especially for traveling.

TechnoKid

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: osiris3mc
Originally posted by: MrNutz
thanx!

The Costco ones really are a lot cheaper, like several dollars.... You don't think they are identical? I'm sure all the ingredients, or whatever the term is, are the same and in the same proportions.

I know for a fact that Equate (Walmart) brand solution is the same as ReNu multiplus, the ingredients match up; even the patent numbers match up. I wonder if this new stuff will be third-partied to Equate as well.

Right now I'm using costco brand and I find it a little more comfortable than Alcon for some reason.

freakflag

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2001
Thanks! Generally speaking, I use whatever the hell is the cheapest I can find at the time. It will be nice to finally use something that wasn't mixed in bathtub somewhere.

garkman

Nov 10, 2000
Big Kudos OP, my eyes KILL me looking at a crappy 17" all day at work, I may end up buying this too-must say a good promo.

Kevin

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2002
I've never used generic but my cousin whose been wearing contacts much longer than me said he can tell the difference. I personally like Opti-free Express but haven't really tried others. I have a bottle of Renu MultiPlus No Rub (blue label) that I don't care for. Its weird, if I use Renu, I can't get the lens in my eye no matter how hard or long I try. When they sit in the Opti-Free, they pop right in...

MrNutz

Banned
Oct 18, 2001
Originally posted by: osiris3mc
I know for a fact that Equate (Walmart) brand solution is the same as ReNu multiplus, the ingredients match up; even the patent numbers match up. I wonder if this new stuff will be third-partied to Equate as well.
The main component of contact solution is saline. I've got daily wear contacts and I've used Renu for about as long as I've had contacts. I switched one time to Ciba Vision, but ended up with some very unhappy eyes. I'm using Alcon right now that I got free from this deal.

Works good, but too expensive... renu is already expensive enough for me...

Anyway, here's a list of solutions and their forumulation info:
Link

cthulhu

Golden Member
Feb 19, 2000
Thanks OP. I change which solution I buy about 1-2 times a year. I can't tell a difference.