Forum is crawling again

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
The site seems to be working much better today. (Thursday) But...the weekend is fast approaching.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Every Thursday it seems to start slowing down in the afternoon and gets worse through Friday.

daveybrat

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jan 31, 2000
Every Thursday it seems to start slowing down in the afternoon and gets worse through Friday.
Now i'm getting the 502 Gateway errors and the infamous:

Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
Do you guys have an ogre living in the basement where the servers are stored?

Seems he's found a +10 stomping +10 bashing +10 breaking club he's enjoying using at the moment.

Might have to send our enchanters to put him to sleep!

Reactions: Shmee
Jul 27, 2020
No, it's just a small rodent chewing their cables, particularly the low voltage ones.

The little basturd has taken a liking to the voltage stings.

Gets orgasmic tickling in its balls from doing that.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Discord kinda sucks though. It's a closed ecosystem. I don't even use discord, and you can't search it with a search engine or anything (which is good and bad depending on your perspective).

-Beyond that, it's a terrible discussion format as what is essentially an eternally scrolling chat, so conversations and topics are all mashed together and can never seem to get very indepth because you have a hundred people talking about different things at the same time and the history falls off the screen at a rapid pace.

Maybe I'm just not "holding it right" or whatever.

That said, I made a AT Discord, probably violating some sort of TOS but it's there just in case. I'll add channels if anyone actually shows interest.

Might just be a good place to go when ATF is having server issues.

Reactions: igor_kavinski