Elon Musk now owns 9.2% of twitter...update.. will soon be the sole owner as Board of Directors accepts his purchase offer

Page 340 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
He literally bought the platform .

Well I was talking about headlines around major media. For example one on NPR this morning. It was nonsense. Tesla has bad quarter but Musk remains bullish on upcoming lower cost model

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Man people are stupid, they've never gotten a car to market in less than 18 months, but everyone just believes them that a entirely new, low cost, low margin car will be rolling out in significant numbers in a year.

The worst thing is Tesla is showing every other company they can manipulate their stock with immunity.
Yeah if a cheaper EV was less than 18 months away, there would already be spy shots of test mules somewhere. It's obvious market manipulation, Elon has to say just the right things to get shareholders to sign off on the incorporation move to Texas and $56B compensation plan that was already deemed too shady. Maybe he ultimately oversees another run of strong growth, but this level of criminality could backfire and lead to lawsuits.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
Yeah if a cheaper EV was less than 18 months away, there would already be spy shots of test mules somewhere. It's obvious market manipulation, Elon has to say just the right things to get shareholders to sign off on the incorporation move to Texas and $56B compensation plan that was already deemed too shady. Maybe he ultimately oversees another run of strong growth, but this level of criminality could backfire and lead to lawsuits.
I assume the majority of stock is owned by places like Vanguard and Fidelity, I just can't see why they'd vote to dilute their own shares so much.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Stumbled upon this piece after running into #wokemindvirus again in an article.. Anyway its about Elmo and his "definition" of the "Woke Mind Virus".

It sounds to me the dumbass is just using #cancelculture as a wedge to wage war on anything he dont like. And of course the dude is hella confused on a number of topics. I think maybe he *IS* 14 years old.

Drach

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2022
Stumbled upon this piece after running into #wokemindvirus again in an article.. Anyway its about Elmo and his "definition" of the "Woke Mind Virus".

It sounds to me the dumbass is just using #cancelculture as a wedge to wage war on anything he dont like. And of course the dude is hella confused on a number of topics. I think maybe he *IS* 14 years old.

Whatever drugs he is taking obviously is taking a toll on his sanity. I do wish he gets help soon.

Reactions: cytg111

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
Ketamine is a hell of a drug.

It depends on who you are. K came out as a drug in the club and rave scene in the '90's, which I was a part of.

Let me tell you, when my buddies and I would do K, listening to music, we'd come out of a K-hole feeling so peaceful and good and positive about the experience, and hopeful. The literal opposite of Musk. I think just blaming drugs is a cop out on the level of stupid as the war on drugs campaign.

It's who does them and under what circumstance. Elon has shown well before he was known for doing drugs that he was a shitty person. It's not the K, it's Musk has no soul.

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
NHTSA closes its original probe into self-driving mode because it is opening a new, more extensive probe. It says Autopilot is responsible for hundreds of crashes and at least 14 fatalities.

Gifted article:

NHTSA offered more details on Friday about the work that led to the recall, saying its effort “showed evidence that Tesla’s weak driver engagement system was not appropriate for Autopilot’s permissive operating capabilities.”

This mismatch resulted in a “critical safety gap” between drivers’ expectations of Autopilot’s safety and the system’s actual capabilities, it added.

Part of the investigation also involves Tesla's resolution that was part of the recall for the first investigation. Apparently, drivers had to opt-in to apply parts of the remedy and could disable others.

• Love
Reactions: Zorba and cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Did a search wondering if Bezos had words on Elmos antics on Twitter. Not a peep for the past two years and then it was just a little jab at his relations to China at the moment.

I think Jeff is going deep on the "Dont interrupt your enemies while they're screwing themselves over" strategy...

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
So China agrees to OK FSD autopilot, and Tesla is up 12% this morning. How does it feel to be a Ginny pig China.

Dave_5k

Golden Member
May 23, 2017
So China agrees to OK FSD autopilot, and Tesla is up 12% this morning. How does it feel to be a Ginny pig China.
It's a great deal for Chinese leadership. They get more technology transfer handed to them on a platter from Musk (as they so deeply respect western IP rights...), and if debugging kills a few hundred (or thousand) peons, so what.

And if it ever actually works well, they'll have an updated version to take for use across Chinese automakers.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
To be fair, the autopilot on their domestic cars are allowed too and they are horrible.

Huawei M7 kills 3 occupants because it doesn't have mechanical door release.

Last edited:

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
More layoffs at Tesla. Good bye to the entire supercharger team and new product team, why would an EV car company need either of those.

Gutting the supercharger team at the same time you've convinced so many major automakers to make their cars compatible is just bat shit stupid. Like pants on heads stupid

Reactions: Zorba and Brovane