Coworker Murdered

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
My coworker, used to be my boss, was murdered last week. They just found his body yesterday. I won't post links, it's on fonxnews, yahoo, and huffpo, so it's not hard to find.

He'd been missing for a couple of days, and I guess I knew this was the inevitable result. He had a big heart, was always trying to help people, and it looks like this damn cruel world decided to snuff out another bright light.

etrigan420

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2007
My coworker, used to be my boss, was murdered last week. They just found his body yesterday. I won't post links, it's on fonxnews, yahoo, and huffpo, so it's not hard to find.

He'd been missing for a couple of days, and I guess I knew this was the inevitable result. He had a big heart, was always trying to help people, and it looks like this damn cruel world decided to snuff out another bright light.

Damn, the guy they found in the river??? (I wont post any more than that)

I was *just* reading about that earlier...IIRC they have suspects in custody?

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
The local sheriff found and apprehended them quite quickly. At least that helps with the closure.

DCal430

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2011
Sad, the police thinks he may have known two of the four suspects. Such senseless killing. :(

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
LOL I had a female coworker get shredded/crushed to death where I worked. Slow and painful and they had to get the special clean up crew cause she didn't come out in one nice clean package. Fairly certain this was back in 2011. We averaged 1 death every 7 years and I was there for just over 6. Lots of injuries, even the "safety" manager ended up grinding off half his hand. Me I never had a single injury (other than minor scrapes/splinters) because I'm not a dumb-ass. I have lots of great stories from there...and nothing good to say about the company.

And in my current line of work death is certain, so it seems pretty normal to me.
There's 7 billion people now though, so getting rid of 2-10 is nothing. Even 100.

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
All you weakling emo types. "WAHHHH somebody died!"

What you scared of death?

I have a possible future of eternal burning and torture (and I deserve it)...I still laugh.

Your posting in this type of thread is absolutely unacceptable.

Now, stay out of this thread. If you post again in here, you're on vacation

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

chimaxi83

Diamond Member
May 18, 2003

I have a possible future of eternal burning and torture (and I deserve it)...I still laugh.

misc-got-a-badass-over-here-l.png

AMCRambler

Diamond Member
Jan 23, 2001
I don't know about everybody else but I'd think twice about working some place where a person dying every 7 years is an acceptable safety record.

thecrecarc

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2004
I am sorry to hear this OP. It is always tough when something like this happens.

I don't know about everybody else but I'd think twice about working some place where a person dying every 7 years is an acceptable safety record.

Depends on out of how many. But if you, and most people around you, personally know a death from work, id considering changing professions.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
LOL I had a female coworker get shredded/crushed to death where I worked. Slow and painful and they had to get the special clean up crew cause she didn't come out in one nice clean package. Fairly certain this was back in 2011. We averaged 1 death every 7 years and I was there for just over 6. Lots of injuries, even the "safety" manager ended up grinding off half his hand. Me I never had a single injury (other than minor scrapes/splinters) because I'm not a dumb-ass. I have lots of great stories from there...and nothing good to say about the company.

And in my current line of work death is certain, so it seems pretty normal to me.
There's 7 billion people now though, so getting rid of 2-10 is nothing. Even 100.

So... what'd you do?

Sluggo

Lifer
Jun 12, 2000

I remember my brother in law telling me that every 6 month cruise on an aircraft carrier, that they wind up with at least one dead or missing person.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

Get help. The flippant nihilist routine doesn't make you noble or brave, and others expressing sadness is not fear or weakness.

Great handle though, pretty fitting.

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
I am sorry to hear this OP. It is always tough when something like this happens.

Depends on out of how many. But if you, and most people around you, personally know a death from work, id considering changing professions.

Id say around 150 people in the plant. Plus the sales people office workers etc.

Cool part is I was working for minimum wage.

Starting pay for everybody else was 40-100% higher than me, but I didn't know that until about 3 years later. After 6 years I was still making less than starting wage despite the fact that I had held the position longer than anybody else EVER and had the highest safety and performance record. I literally ran the work for two shifts for months at a time because they couldn't find anybody suitable to run the other shift (was fun training guys that were making more than me). They absolutely hated me though...and eventually fired me for being late (couldn't find a better excuse lol). Glad they finally let me go, I was sick of the place and all the harassment and abuse (not to mention the terrible wage). I aint gonna quit though, I'm not a scrawny weakling.

Now I can make just as much trolling the net...and if I want I can make a years wage in a month or less. Another high risk type of "employment"...but this one is a lot more thrilling and fun.

EliteRetard

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2006
...expressing sadness is not fear or weakness.

Yes it is.
If you cant even control emotions you obviously have a very weak mind.

And getting sad over something as pathetic as a person dying...ROFL.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Id say around 150 people in the plant. Plus the sales people office workers etc.

Cool part is I was working for minimum wage.

Starting pay for everybody else was 40-100% higher than me, but I didn't know that until about 3 years later. After 6 years I was still making less than starting wage despite the fact that I had held the position longer than anybody else EVER and had the highest safety and performance record. I literally ran the work for two shifts for months at a time because they couldn't find anybody suitable to run the other shift (was fun training guys that were making more than me). They absolutely hated me though...and eventually fired me for being late (couldn't find a better excuse lol). Glad they finally let me go, I was sick of the place and all the harassment and abuse (not to mention the terrible wage). I aint gonna quit though, I'm not a scrawny weakling.

Now I can make just as much trolling the net...and if I want I can make a years wage in a month or less. Another high risk type of "employment"...but this one is a lot more thrilling and fun.

Dangerous job for minimum wage? You really are an elite retard.

PricklyPete

Lifer
Sep 17, 2002

A self title has never been more fitting.