Solved! Broken Installation disc (CD pro) for F. I. C. AN11 motherboard

Sigma001

Jun 25, 2020
I pulled out an old F.I.C. AN11 motherboard to use in a project and discovered that the installation disk (CD Pro) had snapped into 2 pieces. If anyone has an intact disk laying around, please contact me to make arrangements to obtain the disk or a copy of it so I can move this project along. Thank you in advance.

Solution
For anyone that wants to mess with old hardware, grab snappy driver installer https://sdi-tool.org/

The stand alone is almost 20GB now, but it will very likely have the drivers you need. Buy an IDE to SD card adapter to make it a more enjoyable experience. IDE to SD adapter They are on Amazon for 3-4 times the price, if you cannot wait.

Yes! Thank you for this, this is a seriously great addition to my toolbox!

fralexandr

Platinum Member
Apr 26, 2007
www.flickr.com
seems like FIC is still in business, you could try contacting them, though they've mostly moved over to automotive stuff. Maybe they could help you though?

also, as far as I'm aware the drivers from those cds usually aren't required to get the system up and running? That rig is from the XP era, so I'm assuming you're trying to run Windows XP on it?

apparently motherboards that old didn't always have everything integrated, so the only things onboard requiring drivers are Audio and maybe RAID.

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Just get the network (NIC) drivers, either RealTek, Intel, Broadcom, or Marvell. (Did Via ever make ethernet controllers? Maybe built-in to the chipset? I don't remember.)

Also, GPU drivers, but probably you'll need a discrete GPU.

Steltek

Diamond Member
Mar 29, 2001
VIA has a legacy driver download website here that should allow you to get the last legacy versions of the 4n1 (I think they also called it their "Hyperion" drivers), audio, and LAN drivers.

Alternatively, you can also do a google search for 'KT266A drivers' and you'll probably find a link to one or more Asrock product support webpages that still provides the downloads for the KT266A chipset board. Most manufacturers used to use the VIA drivers without altering them, so the Asrock ones would probably work on your board.

Given the choice, though, I'd try to find them on the VIA legacy website first.

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
For anyone that wants to mess with old hardware, grab snappy driver installer https://sdi-tool.org/

The stand alone is almost 20GB now, but it will very likely have the drivers you need. Buy an IDE to SD card adapter to make it a more enjoyable experience. IDE to SD adapter They are on Amazon for 3-4 times the price, if you cannot wait.

• Love
Reactions: Charlie22911

Charlie22911

Mar 19, 2005

Yes! Thank you for this, this is a seriously great addition to my toolbox!

Reactions: DAPUNISHER
Solution