++ ATOT official NEF thread part IV ++

Page 8046 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015

No idea what lambikins are.
Haha. I needed a couple hundred milligrams of timed release caffeine before I could respond.

When I did a quick google of shabu shabu, it seemed to indicate that it was made from lamb but your link to Wikipedia made it clear that was erroneous - either that or Wiki was lying to me yet again.

"Lambikins" is sort of a diminutive form of "Lamb Chop" - a sock puppet in an early 1960s children's show with Shari Lewis.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Haha. I needed a couple hundred milligrams of timed release caffeine before I could respond.

When I did a quick google of shabu shabu, it seemed to indicate that it was made from lamb but your link to Wikipedia made it clear that was erroneous - either that or Wiki was lying to me yet again.

"Lambikins" is sort of a diminutive form of "Lamb Chop" - a sock puppet in an early 1960s children's show with Shari Lewis.

Not a big fan of lamb.

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
"Fen" is actually an English word. From google "define fen."

What is the difference between a fen and a bog?
Although both bogs and fens are similar types of wetlands as they are both considered peatlands, what sets them apart from each other is the source of their water supply. Fens typically are fed by a steady source of ground water whereas bogs are usually enclosed depressions filled by rain water.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I was humoring ordering something from Ikea. Never even crossed my mind to order but figured I would check their site. I have an open face cabinet that my cats keep getting into and thought I should replace it with one that closes.

Found the perfect one for cheaper than I could ever build something like that, so thought I scored. Then I came to the shipping. Over $100. :eek: Tabarnak. Yeah, I'm not paying that much lol. I guess they're not really interested in doing online orders so they charge a lot. I get it's a big item but most big companies seem to have good deals with couriers where even big items can ship free or at least cheap.

So yeah, back to my original idea of just building something.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
My black cat is such a cuddler. He was on the couch and I sat next to him, most cats leave when you do that. But not him, he just snuggled up even more with me. My arm is numb now lol.

Reactions: Pohemi