Any reason I should not get a Titan Pascal and should get a 2060 instead ?

nefariouscaine

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2006
Other than needing to upgrade my psu is there any reason I should not get a Titan Pascal ?

Its looking like after doing more research that my current psu is sort of on a ticking clock to go bad so that’s one thing that needs to happen before too long anyway

But I’ve got let’s for the sake of removing price as an influence an option to get a free or at least cost the same as a 2060 titan pascal

Is there any reason I should get a 2060 instead?

Price would usually be the big factor but isn’t a factor as it would cost for the 2060 same or more than the titan

The only benefit of the 2060 that I’m seeing is ray tracing and DLSS and the lower power requirements

I’m pretty sure that the titan will fit in my case - got an r9 370 now and it looks like I’ve got a couple more inches of space still behind that

Anyone go from a titan to RTX and can chime in ?

Or any titan pascal horror stories that make it a card to avoid ?

Thanks for everything y’all

Reactions: DAPUNISHER

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
I'd go with the Titan without question. It is faster for gaming and has double the vram. The 6GB of vram on the 2060 is already a problem and it will only get worse. DLSS at 1080 isn't great, and needing to use low res textures will exacerbate the image quality issues. It also means most the games where the 2060 could use some light ray tracing would be pointless aka lipstick on a pig effect. Especially given the settings you'll need to keep RT from overflowing the framebuffer.

• Love
Reactions: igor_kavinski
Jul 27, 2020
Have the Geforce GTX Titan X 12GB. I don't get that much time to test stuff but I used it a lot with the UE5 Matrix demo. It performed better than my expectations. Got the 3090 after that and of course, it was smoother and able to take max settings without much trouble. But for the price ($181), the Titan was clearly the perf/$ champ in my unscientific "seat of the pants" personal experience.

Reactions: DAPUNISHER