Another Lawyer got tired of "winning"

trenchfoot

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Rats abandoning ship as they notice a thick patch of unavoidable evidentiary mines dead ahead. The rest of them are playing chicken to see who's the last sacrificial bonehead barrister that's going to walk the plank for the sake of earning Trump's everlasting trust and faith in her/him (like maybe barely a couple of seconds or less).

Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

uallas5

Golden Member
Jun 3, 2005
Ireconsiable differences making it impossible to effectively and properly represent the former President.

Trump is reportedly still looking to hire more lawyers to beef up his defense, but has been struggling to find someone willing and qualified to take the gig.

So NOW he's worried about legal qualifications? Too bad he wasn't so concerned when he kept nominating all those unqualified hacks to the bench for four years.

BryanLarry

Dec 6, 2023
Learning about whistleblower laws is a real eye-opener! The whole "see something, say something" mentality is important, but it sounds like there are a lot of legal complexities involved (especially with something serious like the FCPA - thanks for the info, link to the post "https://federal-lawyer.com/whistleblower-lawyers/fcpa/"

I wouldn't want to rock the boat unless I knew my rights were protected. Do whistleblowers have strong legal defenses in place these days?

It seems like there could be a lot of pressure to stay silent, even if you witness wrongdoing. Any advice for someone who's considering coming forward about a potential FCPA violation? Is it really worth sticking your neck out?