Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002

Article Number

RN-RAD-WIN-23-8-2

Highlights​

• Support for
    • Starfield™
      • Up to 16% increase in performance for Starfield @ 4k, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ 23.8.2 on the Radeon™️ RX 7900XTX GPU, versus the previous software driver version 23.8.1 RS-594
      • Up to 16% increase in performance for Starfield @ 4k, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ 23.8.2 on the Radeon™️ RX 7900XT GPU, versus the previous software driver version 23.8.1 RS-595

Fixed Issues​

• Application crash or driver timeout may be observed while playing Baldur's Gate 3 with DirectX® 11 API set on certain systems with Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.

Known Issues​

• Performance Metrics Overlay may report N/A for FPS on various games.
  • Audio may intermittently become out of sync with video when recording from AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition with AV1 codec.
  • Display may not reach correct brightness with certain games on select SAMSUNG™ FreeSync Premium Pro monitors or TVs with local dimming setting enabled.

Important Notes​

• AMD is working with the game developers of Starfield™ to resolve an intermittent driver timeout or visual corruption issue when Dynamic Resolution is set to 75-78% with certain ultra wide monitors. Users experiencing this issue should adjust the Dynamic Resolution option as a temporary workaround.
  • Factory Reset has been temporarily disabled as a precautionary measure while we address isolated installation issues that have been reported during PC upgrades. Users may use AMD Cleanup Utility as a temporary option.

Package Contents​

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.8.2 Driver Version 23.10.29.06 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 31.0.21029.6002).

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
A few small fixes, and Starfield launch support is all. Still, good to see another update even before the big upcoming one for September.

Reactions: Makaveli

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
A few small fixes, and Starfield launch support is all. Still, good to see another update even before the big upcoming one for September.
agreed this one also has a good fix for BG3 for people that play it.

I didn't have time to install it this morning when I posted as I was at work so doing so now.

*Update*

One thing I see that was fixed that isn't listed in the release notes is now when you resize the adrenaline window and close and reopen it. The size remains the same as your previously left it. That would reset on the last few drivers.

Last edited: