Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002

Article Number

RN-RAD-WIN-23-5-2

Highlights​

• Support for:
    • Diablo® IV
  • Performance optimizations for Microsoft Olive DirectML pipeline for Stable Diffusion 1.5 on AMD Radeon RX 7900 series graphics
    • Boost your performance by an average of 2x in Microsoft Olive Optimized DirectML Stable Diffusion 1.5 using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ 23.5.2 on the AMD Radeon™️ RX 7900 XTX graphics card, versus the previous software driver version 23.5.1. RS-579

Known Issues​

• High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Certain virtual reality games or applications may encounter suboptimal performance or occasional stuttering on Radeon™ RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Application crash may be intermittently observed while playing RuneScape™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 5700 XT.
  • Application crash or driver timeout may be observed during playback of AV1 video content using DaVinci Resolve™ Studio.
  • Intermittent corruption may be observed after switching windows while play Nioh 2™ on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon™ RX 6800 XT.

Important Notes​

• Factory Reset has been temporarily disabled as a precautionary measure while we address isolated installation issues that have been reported during PC upgrades. Users may use AMD Cleanup Utility as a temporary option.

Package Contents​

AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 23.5.2 Driver Version 22.40.57.05 for Windows® 10 and Windows® 11 (Windows Driver Store Version 31.0.14057.5006).

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Looking forward to seeing updated benchmarks on this!

"2x in Microsoft Olive Optimized DirectML Stable Diffusion 1.5"

This is from a THG benchmark in Jan of this year.

1685635959618.png

Reactions: Kaluan

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Seems to have some improvements, particularly ready for Diablo 4, but still stuck with the same major bugs/issues. I'll try it soon enough though.

Reactions: Kaluan and Makaveli

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Seems to have some improvements, particularly ready for Diablo 4, but still stuck with the same major bugs/issues. I'll try it soon enough though.
So far no issues on them.

I'm expecting another driver drop soon for Street Fighter 6 i've been playing the game on these drivers and its fine but there should be an offical drop sometime this month I would believe.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
I'm curious if anyone likes playing witcher 3, cyberpunk with mods and has any trouble with AMD drivers?

Really thinking of going the AMD route and upgrading from a 1080 as most upgrades now will give a 100% improvement

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
I'm curious if anyone likes playing witcher 3, cyberpunk with mods and has any trouble with AMD drivers?

Really thinking of going the AMD route and upgrading from a 1080 as most upgrades now will give a 100% improvement
If you are still on a GTX 1080, just about anything modern will be a massive upgrade. I would be looking at a good deal on a 6750XT, great value card, if you can get it around $350 or less. Though, if you can afford more now, there are higher AMD options. (as well as Nvidia)

How much you can upgrade will depend on the rest of your rig too though.

Reactions: Makaveli

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
It seems like the last few drivers have done nothing but tweaking for the new games.
All the known/existing issues stay exactly the same for a while now.
Otherwise it is pointless to upgrade unless you play the new game(s), IMO.

Last edited:

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
It seems like the last few drivers have done nothing but tweaking for the new games.
All the known/existing issues stay exactly the same for a while now.
Otherwise it is pointless to upgrade unless you play the new game(s), IMO.
That tells me that they could be launching their next big software update in the coming months.

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
That tells me that they could be launching their next big software update in the coming months.
I hope so. Would be great if they could squash the bugs on the 7000 series and squeeze more performance out of optimization real soon.

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
For the most parts the card plays my games at the highest levels possible with the exception of the MSFS2020 and Cyber2077 (no other gpus could afaik).
My most concern is the AMD driver should be able to contain the junction temps of the card. I've yet changed to at least several 7900xtx cards before until I've finally settled with the Powercolor Hellhound which to me seems to be able to tame this issue to some degree but not all the time.

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
For the most parts the card plays my games at the highest levels possible with the exception of the MSFS2020 and Cyber2077 (no other gpus could afaik).
My most concern is the AMD driver should be able to contain the junction temps of the card. I've yet changed to at least several 7900xtx cards before until I've finally settled with the Powercolor Hellhound which to me seems to be able to tame this issue to some degree but not all the time.
What other models did you try, and how high were the junction temperatures getting on them? I do agree that one should be able to tweak/set temperature targets for these cards. Also, would be nice if one could differentiate between front end GPU and shader clock control, as well as be able to underclock memory if desired.

Jul 27, 2020
My most concern is the AMD driver should be able to contain the junction temps of the card.
Agree. Protecting their customer's long term investment should be their priority. What's the point of investing in a top of the line GPU, only for it to become unstable within a few months or years of use due to poorly controlled and extreme temps?

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
What other models did you try, and how high were the junction temperatures getting on them? I do agree that one should be able to tweak/set temperature targets for these cards. Also, would be nice if one could differentiate between front end GPU and shader clock control, as well as be able to underclock memory if desired.
Asrock, and Powercolor (red Devil) were the only two variants that I used and returned. I am running the Hellhound version right now in my rig. The trick that I use is that every time I start the game for the first time I watch the junction temps very carefully. If it goes beyond 90c the I start lower either the power input or undervolt the gpu a bit and try again. Yet I have had very good success with this technique without sacrificing the fps performances so all my games are currently running below 90c some even at 70c.

Last edited:
Reactions: igor_kavinski

Shmee

Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Hmm, curious, I am surprised the Red Devil did worse than it's Hellhound relative. Another method you could try would be to adjust the fan curve first, for keeping temps down. I would recommend this first, as long as there isn't too much noise.

videopho

Diamond Member
Apr 8, 2005
Hmm, curious, I am surprised the Red Devil did worse than it's Hellhound relative. Another method you could try would be to adjust the fan curve first, for keeping temps down. I would recommend this first, as long as there isn't too much noise.
The RD I had could very well be a lemon.
Oh yeah I forgot to mention. The fan curve definitely plays a huge play in taming the temps with the price of noise.