AMD Software : Adrenalin Edition 23.10.1 [23.20.17.01 ] - 11/10/23

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
If you don't clean up your drive after driver installation, there should be a folder in C:\AMD with the files needed to rollback to an earlier driver if you wanted to go back.
This is no longer the case on the newest driver just an FYI
  • AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 24.1.1 will now automatically clear previously installed drivers located in the C:\AMD folder to save space.

Nov 26, 2005
Updated to 24.1.1 and they suck stability wise, and Anti-Lag + was a gift for CS2, feels like a sluggish poop fest with the new drivers.

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Updated to 24.1.1 and they suck stability wise, and Anti-Lag + was a gift for CS2, feels like a sluggish poop fest with the new drivers.
Anti-Lag + hasn't been usable on CS2 for a few months now you cannot launch the game with the driver that still has it enabled as it detects it from the server side.

And I play CS2 on a regular not seeing any major differences on this driver on this game i'm at 144fps as I play with Vsync on and its butter.

A 7900XTX does 300+ fps uncapped in this game easily.
1706760376912.png

What kind of stability issues are you seeing?

Reactions: BTRY B 529th FA BN
Nov 26, 2005
Anti-Lag + hasn't been usable on CS2 for a few months now you cannot launch the game with the driver that still has it enabled as it detects it from the server side.

And I play CS2 on a regular not seeing any major differences on this driver on this game i'm at 144fps as I play with Vsync on and its butter.

A 7900XTX does 300+ fps uncapped in this game easily.
View attachment 92876

What kind of stability issues are you seeing?

Yes I haven't played CS2 since it locked/blocked anyone out with the 23.10.1 driver back in Oct.

Sometimes when it boots up the screen stays black and never switches to the CS2 UI. During a game I've been randomly thrown to desktop while the game is still running. A weird thing that's never happened in 20+yrs of PC gaming the game kept flipping back and forth from desktop to in-game as if it was trying to stabilize itself, it was the oddest thing.

EDIT: the one thing I do remember with Anti-Lag + was that with CS2 it was way better in terms of game feel in general like movement, shooting, etc. it felt very responsive. And this as just from a day or two of playing CS2 before they locked out people with the driver. Thankfully I never got banned.

Last edited:

Makaveli

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2002
Yeah, looks like i'm out of luck. Did they enable Anti-Lag on the latest 24.1.1 ?

Reactions: BTRY B 529th FA BN
Nov 26, 2005
Just read that it might be intertwined with other features meaning it can only be used with the other features? If that's what I read then I might jump to NVIDIA. I'd be very disappointed if it isn't a stand-alone feature like before.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
My son had an issue that I think was due to enhanced freesync - it would freeze in the game on a frame, and if he dropped back to the desktop then came back to the game it would continue to work.

Google said this was an ehanced sync issue, and with it disabled it seems so far to have cured the issues.

I had just turned it on after moving him to a 12700K setup from the old 8700K, so I don't know if there was some other trigger present. I had only had the old freesync enabled along with Chill which disables the option to enable a bunch of other stuff.

He has a 6700XT, and I need to double check on the Resize Bar situation in the firmware.