active shooter in Aurora IL

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Anyone report yet on whether hopes and prayers were successful at deflecting bullets?

What about the border wall. How many did it save?

And what about the guns? Please tell me no guns were hurt in this incident.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Anyone report yet on whether hopes and prayers were successful at deflecting bullets?

just a matter of time before the business is criticized for being a no gun zone. everyone should have been armed, that would have solved the problem.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Now is not the time to dishonor the memory of those shot today by asking how we could prevent others from being shot in the future.

The victims would have wanted us to instead deeply furrow our brows, say it's a problem, and do nothing.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
"4 injured police officers are stable, city official says

The four police officers injured in this afternoon’s shooting at the Henry Pratt Company are “stable," Aurora spokesperson Clayton Muhammed told CNN affiliate WGN-TV.
There are reports of multiple wounded victims being received at area medical centers, though the extent of their injuries is not clear."

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/active-shooter-aurora-illinois/index.html

Hopefully all victims are stable or even better than that.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
just a matter of time before the business is criticized for being a no gun zone. everyone should have been armed, that would have solved the problem.
"4 injured police officers are stable, city official says

The four police officers injured in this afternoon’s shooting at the Henry Pratt Company are “stable," Aurora spokesperson Clayton Muhammed told CNN affiliate WGN-TV.
There are reports of multiple wounded victims being received at area medical centers, though the extent of their injuries is not clear."

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/active-shooter-aurora-illinois/index.html

Hopefully all victims are stable or even better than that.

If only the 4 police officers were armed.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
I request* the moderators delete this thread as events like car crashes and mass murders by gun are too commonplace in America to be considered news.

* Not really but almost.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
whew, was about to pack up and mail my thoughts and prayers but it looks like I can save them for the next incident where innocents will happily martyr themselves to feed the tree of liberty.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
one death confirmed.

Today alone over 100 innocent people will die as victims of second hand smoke. They don't get a news story though, and the left doesn't care about those lives, just those that further their political position. No threads for those people, no white knight champion Democrat politicians talking about those people, no media coverage. A shooting though and the propaganda machine is self starting today.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Today alone over 100 innocent people will die as victims of second hand smoke. They don't get a news story though, and the left doesn't care about those lives, just those that further their political position. No threads for those people, no white knight champion Democrat politicians talking about those people, no media coverage. A shooting though and the propaganda machine is self starting today.

Surprise surprise, slow diverts with same thing as usual.

Where's your gofundme at? Oh yeah, I forgot.

Anyhoo, Im sorry more lives were lost to guns today. Can't change it.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
I was going to make a counter point and then my brain said holy shit he is stupid, don't even try. Comparing second hand smoke to mass shootings lol... classic.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
I was going to make a counter point and then my brain said Holy shit he is stupid, don't even try. Comparing second hand smoke to mass shootings lol... Classic.

What is wrong with comparing cost, harm to society vs individual liberties? Hope your brain recovers and can process that.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So we should ban both guns and cigarettes.

I disagree. But regardless, it is a pretty hard argument for the left to make about banning guns when they don't give a damn about much bigger killers that have no upside and cost society considerably more in terms of lives lost. It shows how agenda-driven their anti-2A mission is. It isn't about saving lives, there is much lower hanging fruit that kills many more, if that's what they really cared about... no, they're anti-2A mission is about partisan politics.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
clearly one of the idiots i have on ignore is defending absolute gun rights with second hand smoke deaths.

give a man a gun and he can kill, give a man a cigarette and he can't.

when i was young, people could smoke on airplanes, in stadiums, at concerts, in restaurants and just about anywhere else they wanted. today, you can't smoke in any of those places. anyone who has been to NYC knows that you aren't allowed to smoke in any enclosed public space. that is all progress, just like common sense gun regulations are.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
clearly one of the idiots i have on ignore is defending absolute gun rights with second hand smoke deaths.

give a man a gun and he can kill, give a man a cigarette and he can't.

when i was young, people could smoke on airplanes, in stadiums, at concerts, in restaurants and just about anywhere else they wanted. today, you can't smoke in any of those places. anyone who has been to NYC knows that you aren't allowed to smoke in any enclosed public space. that is all progress, just like common sense gun regulations are.

This is plainly false.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I disagree. But regardless, it is a pretty hard argument for the left to make about banning guns when they don't give a damn about much bigger killers that have no upside and cost society considerably more in terms of lives lost. It shows how agenda-driven their anti-2A mission is. It isn't about saving lives, there is much lower hanging fruit that kills many more, if that's what they really cared about... no, they're anti-2A mission is about partisan politics.
Which states are the tobacco producers...Oh that's right, it's the Red states and their reps do what to stop it?

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Which states are the tobacco producers...Oh that's right, it's the Red states and their reps do what to stop it?

You guys miss the point I'm making. It isn't that tobacco is necessarily bad or should be further limited. But that it is hard to single out guns when you anti-2A'ers don't care about much bigger killers, killers that never stop a crime or put food on the table - no upside to society. When weighing our individual rights vs. their potential harm to society, if guns do comparatively less harm than those things you don't care about, then your anti-2A arguments aren't about saving lives as much as they are about pushing a partisan agenda.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You guys miss the point I'm making.

This is because (and this is as polite as I can make it) your point is the stupidest point I've heard someone without a physical brain injury try to make. Its awful. Theres a bunch of better points you could make about gun ownership. This one is frankly embarrassing, it's making me cringe everytime you make it.

SlowSpyder

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
This is because (and this is as polite as I can make it) your point is the stupidest point I've heard someone without a physical brain injury try to make. Its awful. Theres a bunch of better points you could make about gun ownership. This one is frankly embarrassing, it's making me cringe everytime you make it.

Europe's smoking rates are so high (something ilke 700,00 bodies a year) compared to America that your tobacco deaths easily outnumber our gun+tobacco+alcohol deaths combined in America, yet you think you own some kind of moral high ground because you've mostly restricted the right to own firearms. <sigh>

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
Europe's smoking rates are so high (something ilke 700,00 bodies a year) compared to America that your tobacco deaths easily outnumber our gun+tobacco+alcohol deaths combined in America, yet you think you own some kind of moral high ground because you've mostly restricted the right to own firearms. <sigh>
And that has what to do with the price of fish?