Discussion 2024 USA Election Thread: Biden and Dems might have problems in 2024 swing states - The Gaza Issue

Page 89 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
The original RNC plan for the state of Georgia, reviewed by The Washington Post, called for hiring 12 regional field directors in April and 40 field organizers by the end of May, in addition to eventually opening 20 offices and a community center in the College Park, a mostly Black suburb of Atlanta. Arizona was slotted to receive six regional field directors, seven offices and 23 field organizers by the end of May. Party leaders had drafted similar road maps for other battleground states before Ronna McDaniel was replaced as chairwoman.

The RNC’s plan at the start of this year was also focused on early voting, the plans show, though the Bank Your Vote website — once the centerpiece of the effort — has been offline for weeks as the party retools the program. “It is full speed ahead,” said James Blair, the national political director for both the Trump campaign and the RNC. “Stay tuned for more on the program.”

..... more article at link
They don't need a plan....they'll just steal it lol :D

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
One thing we should not forget, Trump's greed and incompetence in many ways. Because they have taken over the RNC and are now going to milk it for money, the ground game is getting neglected financially in critical swing states. This can only help Joe Biden quite a bit. Gifted article from the WP, don't bother with the NYT rag.

“We’re focused on quality over quantity. I mean, how novel a concept,” top strategist Chris LaCivita told the crowd of top donors May 4 at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Fla., according to attendees.
The shift comes as President Biden’s campaign and its allies, buoyed by incumbency, have been moving in the opposite direction, building a more expansive operation sooner than in 2020. Strategists for both major parties expect Democrats to raise and spend more than Republicans over the coming months, a dynamic that has been magnified by the significant legal costs Trump’s fundraising apparatus has absorbed to defend him in state and federal courts.

The situation has alarmed GOP officials in key states like Arizona, Georgia and Michigan, who have yet to receive promised funding, staff or even briefings on the new plans since the Trump team took control of the Republican National Committee in March.

An earlier party blueprint for a general election build-out has been discarded, party officials say. Plans to open new offices have been scuttled. Hiring has been slowed.

“In order to win close elections in Georgia, you have to have a ground game that emphasizes turning out early votes and absentee votes,” said Cody Hall, a senior adviser to Gov. Brian Kemp (R). “I have seen no evidence of them having any of that. The Trump campaign has a consultant in Georgia, but there is nothing else that I can see. … Everyone is generally concerned.”

The original RNC plan for the state of Georgia, reviewed by The Washington Post, called for hiring 12 regional field directors in April and 40 field organizers by the end of May, in addition to eventually opening 20 offices and a community center in the College Park, a mostly Black suburb of Atlanta. Arizona was slotted to receive six regional field directors, seven offices and 23 field organizers by the end of May. Party leaders had drafted similar road maps for other battleground states before Ronna McDaniel was replaced as chairwoman.

The RNC’s plan at the start of this year was also focused on early voting, the plans show, though the Bank Your Vote website — once the centerpiece of the effort — has been offline for weeks as the party retools the program. “It is full speed ahead,” said James Blair, the national political director for both the Trump campaign and the RNC. “Stay tuned for more on the program.”

..... more article at link

It's a weird swap from 20 when the Trump campaign/RNC went all in on door knocking and local organizing.

Seems like a curious strategy if they're going to bank on low propensity voters delivering them the swing states.

Indus

Lifer
May 11, 2002
I dont know guys if Felix is coming over maybe all hope is not lost. Maybe his(Trump) message is finally coming through..

Sadly for every Felix there's 5 Anand, Derek, Liu, Juan and Pietro all wanting strongmen leaders like they have in their home countries.

You may not see them at the Trump rallies but they vote for Trump!

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
I dont know guys if Felix is coming over maybe all hope is not lost. Maybe his(Trump) message is finally coming through..
If Trump offers to cut the capital gains tax rate, Felix will flip his dress faster than Ivanka at a Father - Daughter Dance.

• Haha
Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Sadly for every Felix there's 5 Anand, Derek, Liu, Juan and Pietro all wanting strongmen leaders like they have in their home countries.

You may not see them at the Trump rallies but they vote for Trump!
Ok but 1 in 5 is all you need

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Just because you work at a taco stand wearing a clown suit doesn't give you the right to brag.

We are all barely getting by these days and here you are rubbing our face in it.
What an oddly specific reference. I guess Felix really does have a job and is a shit trader.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
It's a weird swap from 20 when the Trump campaign/RNC went all in on door knocking and local organizing.

Seems like a curious strategy if they're going to bank on low propensity voters delivering them the swing states.
The evidence is overwhelming that we'd all be screwed if Trump was a competent CEO (unless that meant he never entered politics to begin with).

fskimospy likes to point out that a high turnout election isn't good for Trump's chances, and I tend to agree with that assessment. Obviously that does NOT mean no ground game is better for him. They already have the playbook for victory: 2016.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The evidence is overwhelming that we'd all be screwed if Trump was a competent CEO (unless that meant he never entered politics to begin with).

fskimospy likes to point out that a high turnout election isn't good for Trump's chances, and I tend to agree with that assessment. Obviously that does NOT mean no ground game is better for him. They already have the playbook for victory: 2016.

My suspicion is that 24 is going to be a lower turnout than 20. If one believes that Trump's new advantage is coming from younger voters and non-white voters who are low propensity then actually getting those voters to turn out should be a priority for them. So far they are not acting like it. Though in both 2016 and 2020 he didn't have a massive legal tab draining his campaign/PAC accounts to the tune of 250K per DAY. There is a weird idea ive seen creeping in that because Biden can afford to actually campaign that he is at a disadvantage...which doesn't seem right to me personally.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Yea, I see Trump losing on all cylinders too, I also see his campaign not really reacting to it which leads me to contemplate what scheme they're cooking to stage a coup this time.

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Yea, I see Trump losing on all cylinders too, I also see his campaign not really reacting to it which leads me to contemplate what scheme they're cooking to stage a coup this time.
An alternate view is that this election is a lot closer than the fundamentals would suggest. I'd much rather have a big money advantage than not, but that didn't help Hillary in 2016.

Reactions: cytg111

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Between the choices of not having money to campaign and having money to campaign I think I would pick the second one.

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I don't trust a thing the NYT puts out. After Trump's unhinged NJ speech this is what the Times headline said about it. I don't have a subscription, but I just saw it posted on Threads

Reactions: dank69

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
The NYT/Siena poll indicates a level of ticket splitting that truly strains credulity. Among other things I also do not buy that Casey is only +2 in PA for a single moment.

Drach

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2022
I don't trust a thing the NYT puts out. After Trump's unhinged NJ speech this is what the Times headline said about it. I don't have a subscription, but I just saw it posted on Threads

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
What an oddly specific reference. I guess Felix really does have a job and is a shit trader.
It is oddly specific because you strike me as a taco stand engineer wearing a clown suit to improve sales and drive customer traffic to your cart.

Let me know when you offer burritos and we will party like it's 1999.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
It is oddly specific because you strike me as a taco stand engineer wearing a clown suit to improve sales and drive customer traffic to your cart.

Are you saying that as a professional clown, you'd like to think you can recognize a fellow clown? Sorry, hoss, I think this is one more failure to add to your tremendously bigly list of failures. It's one of the--well, people are saying it's the biggest list, many people.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Damn, you’re not even at a stand but a cart . I almost feel bad for you. But then I remembered you have the success you have voted for.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Is the NYT doing a bit on us? This kind of thing keeps happening every time they do one of these.

Farmer Ted here is a lifelong democrat who voted for Joe Biden but won't in the next election because prices are too high.

*a little bit later*

Farmer Ted has been arrested for setting a toilet on fire in the Capitol on Jan 6 and spray painting "Trump4Eva"in the rotunda.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Speaking of right wing billionaires trying to influence public perception of current events, like CNN was hit with, did something similar happen to NYT?

Concerted effort by right wing billionaires to take over the air waves?