1TB Team group Vulcan 87.00

spdfreak

Mar 6, 2000
From the reviews, it appears these are basically the same guts as a MX500 and with similar performance.

Title changed to reflect actual capacity of drive.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

SamirD

Golden Member
Jun 12, 2019
www.huntsvillecarscene.com
The biggest problem with cheaper components such as ssds, memory modules, usb enclosures (circuit boards), is that the soldering can be sloppy leading to problems with longevity or reliability. Something to keep in mind. These do have a 3yr warranty, but the whole idea is to never have to use the warranty.

sammykhalifa

Dec 26, 2014
I got the 1TB "L5 3D" (aka "the gold one") for like $84 inc tax. It'll be a secondary HD primarily holding images for lightroom so I think it'll be pretty good for that. Loading those off a HD is the most bottlenecked part of my work flow right now.

Reactions: SamirD

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
What I notice is that prices are getting linear, ie flat $/GB. I picked up a Inland 240GB SSD for $26 to perk up an old system that really has no need for local storage, but 512GB looks a lot better for one of our older laptops. Rest of our systems seem to be doing ok with a SSD for boot and some programs, but all the data going on big cheap 5400 rpm drives.

Reactions: SamirD