Zune is out

HexiumVII

Dec 11, 2005
Being a bit tired of my 5G ipod already, i decided to see what the Zune was about. I had it for a day and i'm already tired of it. It has a nice interface and all, but at the end of the day, all the gimicks really don't matter. I really like the big screen, but i have it in my pocket most of the time, so it really doesn't matter. The Zune software is pretty nice however, i like how it organizes the songs better than iTunes. Its basically WMP9/10 on roids and better album art. All in all, stick with the ipod people.

JLGatsby

Banned
Sep 6, 2005
OP sounds like a 21st century Andy Rooney.

"I really like the big screen, but i have it in my pocket most of the time"

Duddy

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2002
You contridict yourself. Everything you said was positive, but that you just didn't care.

WTF?! Your an idiot!

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
the zune has a better screen and a nice interface, but it's ugly and the controls aren't as intuative as the ipod's click-wheel. imo, the zune will be like the cowon iAudio line. certain people will love it but i don't think that it will overtake the ipod.

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
Originally posted by: ForumMaster
the zune has a better screen and a nice interface, but it's ugly and the controls aren't as intuative as the ipod's click-wheel. imo, the zune will be like the cowon iAudio line. certain people will love it but i don't think that it will overtake the ipod.

I don't think you fully understand all of these words: "interface", "intuitive", and "controls".

The controls *are* the interface.

ForumMaster

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2005
Originally posted by: notfred
the zune has a better screen and a nice interface, but it's ugly and the controls aren't as intuitive as the ipod's click-wheel. imo, the zune will be like the cowon iAudio line. certain people will love it but i don't think that it will overtake the iPod.

I don't think you fully understand all of these words: "interface", "intuitive", and "controls".

controls: the buttons. the way i tell the device what to do. for example, the creative vision has this terrible strip that's hard to use.

intuitive: easy to understand. the ipod's controls are intuitive and easy to use.

interface: the OS. the iPod has a very nice GUI that makes it very easy to use. many other MP3 players suffer in this category. the zune does not.

understand now?

Kelnoen

Sep 20, 2006
Originally posted by: notfred

interface != controls

probably best to refer to it as GUI

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Duddy
You contridict yourself. Everything you said was positive, but that you just didn't care.

WTF?! Your an idiot!

Quoted for irony.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
I personally can't stand the iPod's UI. And I don't like the clickwheel, either. I borrowed one from a friend at work (I had let him borrow my laptop that night to watch some DVDs), and I had a hell of a time moving through the songs to find certain ones to listen to. I played with a zune at target the other day, and I was able to easily move through the songs lists to find something to listen to.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
The Zune commercials are kinda annoying. They seem to be going after the "I'm too cool to be part of the iPod mainstream" crowd. That seems odd to me, as those anti-establishment types would hate buying a product from Microsoft.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Duddy

WTF?! Your an idiot!

hahaha, I was gonna say the same thing.. maybe without the idiot part though :p

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: HexiumVII
Being a bit tired of my 5G ipod already, i decided to see what the Zune was about. I had it for a day and i'm already tired of it. It has a nice interface and all, but at the end of the day, all the gimicks really don't matter. I really like the big screen, but i have it in my pocket most of the time, so it really doesn't matter. The Zune software is pretty nice however, i like how it organizes the songs better than iTunes. Its basically WMP9/10 on roids and better album art. All in all, stick with the ipod people.

i dont understand how what you wrote results in your conclusion :confused: