Zotac develops external device to overclock NV GPUs

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
link

It's a little box, with a display of core/shader/memclk speeds, and fan speeds/temps. It has three buttons to adjust settings. Claims to work while playing games.

Seems a bit "gimmicky" to me, really. I would much rather prefer to find a stable overclock and then leave it.

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Isn't Zotac just Jetway's performance brand?
Don't a lot of motherboards already have support for overclocking certain vid cards? Maybe this works the same way.

Rabbits

Oct 2, 2008
Zotac is a seperate company from Europe/Asia not sure exactly. They recently got into the states recently so being a branch of Sapphire they would have been selling cards in the states some time ago.
Good brand though. :)

apoppin

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: MarcVenice
Has been done before, no ? I remember something similar.

ASUS does it in SW

it comes with their latest 4870 series and it is called "Gamer OSD" [also "Smart Doc"]
- so evidently - in the middle of a game - you can O/C your video card to get those "extra FPS"
- or so they claim

i haven't reviewed it :p

Isn't Zotac just Jetway's performance brand?
if i remember correctly, zotac is actually sapphires nv branch
Zotac is a seperate company from Europe/Asia not sure exactly.

Zotac is actually an alien company from Mars :p

:Q

http://www.zotac.com/index.php...k=view&id=18&Itemid=33

ZOTAC International is one of the largest producers Worldwide of Nvidia VGA and motherboard solutions.

. . .

ZOTAC International (MCO) Limited was established in 2006 with a mission to deliver superb quality of NVIDIA graphic solutions to the industry. It has strong backup from parent group, PC Partner Ltd. Headquartered in Hong Kong, factory in Mainland China and regional sales offices in Europe, Asia Pacific and North America. The support ZOTAC provides is currently the largest of its kind around the world.

:D

nosfe

Aug 8, 2007
and Sapphire's parent group is also PC Partner

as for this gadget, well, gimmick is the best word for it. Why bother changing the overclocks? i haven't changed mine since i've stress tested them to make sure they're stable

Zap

Elite Member
Oct 13, 1999
Originally posted by: MarcVenice
Has been done before, no ? I remember something similar.

I had an MSI 8600 GT video card that had a turbo button on slot cover.