Zionism, the path to peace.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
This is land that was sold by Arabs/Palestinians and purchased by the Jews.
No one has tried to point out that it was confiscated.
People have long been pointing out Israel incessantly builds of settlements on confiscated Palestinian land, as even just a quick trip to Wikipedia makes obvious:

Land ownership

In November 2006 Peace Now acquired a report (which it claims was leaked from the Israeli Government's Civil Administration) indicating that as much as 40 percent of the settlement land that Israel plans to retain in the West Bank is privately owned by Palestinians.[71] Peace Now further claims that this is a violation of Israeli law.[72] The Washington Post reported that "The 38-page report offers what appears to be a comprehensive argument against the Israeli government's contention that it avoids building on private land, drawing on the state's own data to make the case".[73] Peace Now published statistics and aerial maps for each individual settlement.[74][75] A recent report by Peace Now, allegedly based on official data provided by the Civil Administration following a court struggle cites a lower figure of 32%, a figure rejected by the Civil Administration.[76]

In February 2008, The Civil Administration admitted that more than a third of West Bank settlements were built on private Palestinian land, originally seized by the IDF for 'security purposes'.[77] The unauthorized seizure of private Palestinian land has been defined by the Civil Administration itself in a recent case as 'theft'.[78]

The Spiegel report, commissioned by the Israeli Defense Ministry, also details a large amount of land theft by Israeli settlements in the West Bank. The report reveals that some settlements deemed legal by Israel are in part, and sometimes in large part, effectively illegal outposts, and that large portions of veteran Israeli settlements, including Ofra, Elon Moreh and Beit El were built on private Palestinian land.[79]

According to the Israeli government, the majority of the land currently occupied by the new settlements was vacant or belonged to the state (from which it was leased) or bought fairly from the Palestinians.

The recent use of the Absentee Property Law to "transfer, sell or lease any real estate property" in East Jerusalem owned by Palestinians who live elsewhere (usually in the West Bank) without compensation has been criticized both inside and outside of Israel.[80]

Opponents of the settlements claim that "vacant" land had either belonged to Arabs who had fled or belonged collectively to an entire village, a practise that had developed under Ottoman rule. B'Tselem claims that the Israeli government used the absence of modern legal documents for the communal land as a legal basis for expropriating it.
How did you come to imagine otherwise?

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
Keep in mind folks, Israel is a Religous State.

There is little to explain their actions logically.

-John

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
A Religous State, in a Religous region.

I would ask WTH are we doing there, but I know the answer.

We were tasked with protecting the new Jewish State of Israel, in 1948, and now our spending is so over-board, that we "love" protecting the Jewish State of Israel.

-John

sarsipias1234

Oct 12, 2004
Israel is only bound by their religious interpretation of the truth.

This is how wars have started since the beginning of time.

Proclaim other human beings as evil while proclaiming yourself a saint or savior.

Jewish people proclaim themselves saviors of their country from Palestinians.

German people proclaimed themselves saviors of their country from Jewish people.

This is all just the cycle of abuse being passed down through the generations.

We have learned to hate other people from our parents and then we pass this on to our children.

Hate is a learned behavior

Last edited:

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
In America, I heard about the hate of the Jews long before I learned about the hate of the Muslims (9/11).

I begin to understand that it's the hate of Religion, that is universal.

-John

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
In America, I heard about the hate of the Jews long before I learned about the hate of the Muslims (9/11).

I begin to understand that it's the hate of Religion, that is universal.

-John
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In MHO, bullshit from beginning to end, and if I believe your contention there is no hope for mankind other than an inevitable WW3 that will destroy the entire planet. But the so called holy land of Israel is a somewhat a poster child of religious contention for the past 2000 plus years.

Because in the past 2000 years Israel has become sacred to three major religions whose similar belief systems motivate over 50% of all the people on the planet. And in the process what a bloody football Israel has become! 2000 years ago Israel was both Israeli and Roman, until Israeli over reaching and arrogance got on Rome's last nerve. And thereafter Jews as a power in Israel was MIA for 1800 years. Meanwhile every 100 years or so, control of Israel changed from Christian to Muslim or other poo bah power, based on the premise the current occupier pigged and not shared power with any other religion. The crusades came and went, and Christian control of the holy land lasted guess what, that average 100 years, before Muslim control was reasserted, are we making progress yet in this endless progression? Then we can talk about the Colonial era, where the Brits won the thankless job of administering the rather strategically worthless mandate of Palestine.

Then WW2 happened, the holocaust of the Jewish people, and rather than Europe take responsibility for the rape of the Jewish people, it decided to give them Israel while the Arabs cried Nimby, Maybe nothing per say wrong with that, but suddenly for the first time in 1800 years, the Jews were back and instead of only having Christians and Muslims trying to pig the holy land if Israel, even better, we had Christians, Jews, and Muslims trying to pig it all of Israel. The only thing better than having two pigs is having three pigs all fighting each other preventing any sense able resolution of mid-east issues.

But maybe Lemon law is stupid, in saying its long past time for Muslims, Jews, and Christians to find ways to share the holy land of Israel for mutual benefit. And tell the three pigs to go eat shit and die. Netanyuhu and Hamas are equal turds of a feather. Its long past time to learn that that Israel is too important to be pigged by any one given group.

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
The only thing I would say you are stupid about, Lemon Law, is not realizing that the majority of educated people are done with Religion.

-John

Zorkorist

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2007
We can, and must tackle the case of the uneducated, Religous People. Jews, Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, etc.

-John

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Land captured in battle has to be returned to the losing side? Only when it is ISrael that such ideology applies.

The UN states one thing, Israel states another as to control of the land.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
I will admit, that the piece of land was not sold this time; it was captured in conflict; Jordan/Palestinians are the losing side; what gives them right to dictate the rules.

Did you see Japan or Germany dictate how the victors should act?

Previous sales of land by Arabs to the Jews have been used to define the boundaries of Israel that the Arabs and Palestinians want to take back.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
It's a nonsense point. The notion of right of conquest was struck down decades before the State of Israel existed, with the signing of the Hague Convention IV in 1907, notably Article 55:

The occupying State shall be regarded only as administrator and usufructuary of public buildings, real estate, forests, and agricultural estates belonging to the hostile State, and situated in the occupied country. It must safeguard the capital of these properties, and administer them in accordance with the rules of usufruct.

The only legal way for a state to acquire territory is by treaty, which is how Israel legetmized their pre-1967 borders. They have no legal basis for taking any part of the West Bank though, East Jerusalem included.

Last edited:

disappoint

Lifer
Dec 7, 2009
I will admit, that the piece of land was not sold this time; it was captured in conflict; Jordan/Palestinians are the losing side; what gives them right to dictate the rules.

Did you see Japan or Germany dictate how the victors should act?

Previous sales of land by Arabs to the Jews have been used to define the boundaries of Israel that the Arabs and Palestinians want to take back.

Do you see Japan's, Germany's (or Italy's) land occupied by the victors of WWII?

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
How can a country that didn't exist at the time 'sign' anything?

Are you dumb ..?...
How much states didnt exists at the signatory of Geneva Convention?
Does this give them the right to discards these treaties.?..

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
It's a nonsense point. The notion of right of conquest was struck down decades before the State of Israel existed, with the signing of the Hague Convention IV in 1907
It is kind of funny to see a Palestinian supporter point to the Hague convention considering that they violate on a daily basis.

25: "The attack or bombardment, by whatever means, of towns, villages, dwellings, or buildings which are undefended is prohibited." <--happens daily

I could post the part about POW's as well, but its rather long.

Let's just say this, the Palestinians only care about the 'rule of law' when it can be used against Israel. Otherwise they might as well not exist.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Are you dumb ..?...
How much states didnt exists at the signatory of Geneva Convention?
Does this give them the right to discards these treaties.?..
It is very complicated when it comes to stuff like that.

Geneva is considered "Customary international law" which means ALL sides are considered bound to follow them.
But there is no real way to force a country to follow international law.

Can we sue Syria for killing its people? If we win who is going to collect? How are we going to force them to comply?

The only international law that applies to everyone is 'might makes right' if you have the power to enforce the laws via force then you can do so, but if you don't have that power then all you can do is ask nicely.

Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
As usual non Prof John distorts, If nothing else, in becoming a State in 1948, Israel was pretty well bound by the Geneva convention and similar rules.

But the Palestinians have no State, and hence those rules do not yet apply to them, especially since armed resistance against a military occupation is legal.

Nor does might make right, every year, and maybe later than sooner, jails cells in the Hague open and then slam shut as the miscreant awaits trial. Assad and Gaddifi may have their go at the process, Nor is Israel PM's or some Israeli citizens safe from the same peril. Especially after the Israeli rapes of Gaza and Lebanon, collective punishment in itself is defined as a war crime.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
I am going to break into your house and steal the "Z" key off your keyboard.

You would had failed and took the W instead...

titanium_azerty_keyboard.jpg

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Maybe that is why I do such a lousy job of typing, I hit the Z key and get a S. I hunt and peck the W key and get and get a Z, proof positive its all about Buuush.