Zimmerman Riot poll. place your bets

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

If Zimmerman walks, will there be riots?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
1100 killed in just 2 cities, and all I've heard of is that one chick that was connected to the white house. Yep, maybe effort would be better spent on that issue than how it was spent here.

JM Aggie08

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2006
evasion? shit, I'd see how many I could run over.

Resident%20Evil%202%2008.jpg

Quoted for hilarity.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Do you always cry when things don't turn out how you'd like them?

I just reread my post. Not sure how you came to the conclusion that I was crying or that something didn't turn out "how I'd like them."

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
Since Saturday, I feel like I have been reading a more tame version of Stormfront. In particular, the posts about wanting to have your rifle in the car to shoot blacks on the freeway ("Count them") because you think they're going to chimp out and attack you.

Is this OT or P&N? Does it even matter anymore?

How disappointed are some of you, especially Spidey, that the race war didn't occur and you can't use your stockpile now?

Last edited:

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
And people think I'm weird carrying a rifle and 900 rds in my car.

That many "protestors" blocking a highway could turn violent in the blink of an eye.

Take a close look at that pic. Count them.

What are you going to do when you are stuck and things get nasty?

You would never be able to use nearly 900 rounds.
They'd either swarm you instantly or run away long before you could reload that many times.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
Since Saturday, I feel like I have been reading a more tame version of Stormfront. In particular, the posts about wanting to have your rifle in the car to shoot blacks on the freeway ("Count them") because you think they're going to chimp out and attack you.

How disappointing are some of you, especially Spidey, that the race war didn't occur and you can't use your stockpile now?

I just check this whole fucking thread and you are the only racist son of a bitch to say "chimp out"

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
You would never be able to use nearly 900 rounds.
They'd either swarm you instantly or run away long before you could reload that many times.

I cant believe a rifle is a particularly good choice when you're in a car anyway.

Unless he has visions of himself standing on the roof facing down the advancing horde. :rolleyes:

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I just check this whole fucking thread and you are the only racist son of a bitch to say "chimp out"

Its just fresh on my mind since I have seen that phrase used several times today (and in the past few days) on another forum to describe protesters.

The same attitudes are being expressed here minus the harsh language.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002

How disappointed are some of you, especially Spidey, that the race war didn't occur and you can't use your stockpile now?

"Them" = "protesters"

...sad, manipulated, dangerous, groupthinking, idiot protesters.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I kind of cheated since there's already been numerous riots and extremist violent behavior about the result of the trial.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009

They're on the effing freeway....surely they're peaceful.:rolleyes:

Get over it.

Opinions on the facts of the trial?
"Them" = "protesters"

...sad, manipulated, dangerous, groupthinking, idiot protesters.
Definitely peaceful.

win 8 sucks balls

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
How are people still voting no even today?

They are the "social engineers". Making shit up that they want regardless of facts and reality.

The ones you really have to worry about are the ones who believe it.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
Travis Smiley....Maybe it's not racism, beginning to look a lot more like stupidity.

Edit: No, not racist or stupid. Smart, just excels at doublethink, arguably worse than the others.

Last edited:

Lithium381

Lifer
May 12, 2001
Got to make a living somehow! You guys went to school and studied, these guys race bait. Call it the entripenorial spirit!

fjmeat

Diamond Member
Jan 13, 2010
Also on the blocked freeway:

Hundreds of people marched in protest to the George Zimmerman verdict on Monday.

"No justice, no peace," they yelled as they walked from the Byrd Funeral Home in the 2500 block of Wheeler to the Southmore Street overpass bridge near Highway 288.

Just after 7p.m. the demonstrators spilled out onto the road and blocked traffic for about 15 minutes.

"I looked up and I see all the protesters, they're everywhere. So...we got into the traffic and they're stopping us and not letting us go," said Georgia, who asked that her last name not be used.

Georgia was on her way to Texas Children's Hospital in the Medical Center because her 7-year-old granddaughter is sick and she was having an allergic reaction to some medication.

Georgia's daughter was driving and tried to go around the demonstrators by driving on the grassy shoulder.

"One of them was hitting the windshield and I was just screaming, 'We've got to get to the hospital,' and they were screaming and chanting," she said. "All I could think of was, I got to get my granddaughter to the hospital."

"My mom rolled down the window," said Georgia's daughter. "She said, 'we're trying to get my granddaughter to the hospital,' and a guy just started hitting her."

A Local 2 camera covering the protest recorded the entire incident. On the video you can see Georgia sitting in the front seat of an SUV, she had her window down and you can see a man reach in and grab her. Georgia said she was hit.

"When we got on the road I told her, 'Let's call 911," and I could feel I had been hit," she said.

The family is upset by the whole incident and thinks the demonstrators took things too far. Georgia filed a police report and hopes that things will quiet down.

"It wasn't peaceful," she said. "It was terrifying."

Quanell X, the community activist who planned the event, told Local 2 he thought the protest was peaceful.

He also said he gave specific instructions to participants not to break any laws and not to touch or harm anyone.

The Houston Police Department did have a few officers on scene and told Local 2 it's unclear how the demonstrators were able to get onto the freeway but the officers were working to remove them.

Broheim

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2011
He still thinks you're giving him a compliment because his browser cached the picture and he doesn't see the hotlink detected version.

there, I swapped it out with a youtube video of it instead...

I wish google would tell you which image you can hotlink or not. It is funny though, he doesn't allow hotlinking yet hosts most of his images on imgur, he's everything that is wrong with the internet and the world :|

Last edited: