Zero Punctuation: Farcry 2

flashbacck

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2001
I agree completely. Graphics are pretty spectacular, but gameplay is terrible. I don't think FarCry 2 deserves the 92 metacritic rating it has (on PC).

Btw, does Yahtzee's accent sound different in this one? It used to be a mild accent, but not it sounds like he's deliberately accenting certain words ("made," "frustrations," "shitty")

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Originally posted by: flashbacck
I agree completely. Graphics are pretty spectacular, but gameplay is terrible. I don't think FarCry 2 deserves the 92 metacritic rating it has (on PC).

Btw, does Yahtzee's accent sound different in this one? It used to be a mild accent, but not it sounds like he's deliberately accenting certain words ("made," "frustrations," "shitty")

I think he was trying to imitate a South African accent. Didn't really work too well. :p

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
ZP has become incredibly tame and boring lately, although the Tomb Raider Underworld review was kind of funny.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Before I click on the link... am I correct to assume it goes something like this?

"Boring, sucks, overpriced, overhyped, etc etc etc". :D

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Originally posted by: coloumb
Before I click on the link... am I correct to assume it goes something like this?

No, you are not correct.
Stop making assumptions.
You know what happens when you make an assumption?

You make an ass out of U, and umption.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: shortylickens
Originally posted by: coloumb

No, you are not correct.
Stop making assumptions.
You know what happens when you make an assumption?

You make an ass out of U, and umption.

Fuck umption, I never liked that guy anyway.

ShawnD1

Lifer
May 24, 2003
Originally posted by: sandorski
hehe, his criticisms are accurate, but I still really like FC2.

His bitching is usually dead on, and that's why it's funny.

I'll probably get Far Cry 2 when the price comes down to $30. Even the negative reviews sound like it's still worth $30.

flashbacck

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2001
Originally posted by: ShawnD1
Originally posted by: sandorski
hehe, his criticisms are accurate, but I still really like FC2.

His bitching is usually dead on, and that's why it's funny.

I'll probably get Far Cry 2 when the price comes down to $30. Even the negative reviews sound like it's still worth $30.

yhpm

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I thought it was good, too much bitching about things not necessarily part of the game, but I digress.

The graphics are pretty, the gun play is a lot of fun.

But the constant respawns and sheer amount of time spent diving or stopping to fight cars/trucks etc trying to just ram you on sight gets tiring.

There was one mission on the first map where I ended up having to clear out the same output 3 times in a span of 10 minutes and that's after taking down a large base. I guess that's by design so your weapons are all starting to jam, but it's really really lazy.

I'm about 60% of the way through and haven't touched it in a week. But I will finish it, sometime...