Zalman ZM80-HP on a Ti4200. (failed attempt)

Matt

Oct 9, 1999
Hi everyone.
Jst bought that new Zalman ZM80-HP in order to cool my GPU (Ti4200).
Had some problems with it though that I'd like to view.

It took about an hour to install it onto the graphics chip. I'm as sure as I can get that it was put on properly, and I used
silver grease in between the heatsinks as well.
The problem of course is that when I tried booting the system it beeped twice and then didn't want to boot. I tried over and over with the same result. The system worked fine again with the in my opinion (very loud) stock fan back on again. Anyone else with experience, similar or disimilar with this type of cooling?

/Matt

To Zalman's website

theNEOone

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Might be a little late, but I did install this heatsink on my Ti4600 and everything went really smoothly. I'm happy with the results. My guess is that you may have damaged your gpu.

Matt

Oct 9, 1999
Hi!

Thanks for the reply and the input on how it works on your system. I reinstalled the HSF though and it runs as well as it did before.
The interesting thing is that it refused even to boot with the Zalman on. My thought was that my GF 4200 has some sort of failsafe where it refuses to post if the fan isn't connected but that assumption was obviously incorrect.

Hmmm... At least it gives me some comfort to see that it actually works on someone's system.

Any suggestions

Sincerely

Matt