ZALMAN VF900

Powermoloch

Lifer
Jul 5, 2005
Those who remember my thread about my 7600GT KO

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=31&threadid=1885248&enterthread=y

Although it is doing fine for me, but the temps hitting around < 80 degrees celsius on load is not making me any comfortable. So i'm planning to grab a zalman VF900 over at the egg tonite. Would it be worth it? easy to install?

What should I do to clean the ram ? will alcohol + cutips do the trick?

that'll be all :)

I just hope it will fit in the dell 5150 :evil:

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Powermoloch
Those who remember my thread about my 7600GT KO

http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview...atid=31&threadid=1885248&enterthread=y

Although it is doing fine for me, but the temps hitting around < 80 degrees celsius on load is not making me any comfortable. So i'm planning to grab a zalman VF900 over at the egg tonite. Would it be worth it? easy to install?

What should I do to clean the ram ? will alcohol + cutips do the trick?

that'll be all :)

About all I can say right now is yes its easy to install, my system isnt done yet but the cooler is on the GPU, I am waiting to get my CPU then put it together.
I just hope it will fit in the dell 5150 :evil:

About all I can say right now is yes its easy to install, my system isnt done yet but the cooler is on the GPU, I am waiting to get my CPU then put it together. The ram thing I dunno about you but I didnt have to do anything after removing the stock cooler except stick the HS's on the modules.

Jan 28, 2006
IMO the VF900 is a bit of overkill for the 7600GT as a VF700 would be plenty but neither cooler is difficult to install (the VF700 I just put on my 7600GT went smoothly and it was the first video cooler replacement I'd ever done).

After you remove the stock cooler, clean the video chip with high purity alcohol and a lint free material (I used coffee filters) then apply your thermal paste. The video RAM shouldn't have to be cleaned unless you are replacing ramsinks already installed on it or you are just anal about it...just remove the plastic from the Zalman ramsinks and stick them on.